Some opinions on these girls names...

i love the name Ffion but i also like tesni too so i would put that first and second name either way around but thats me good luck decided!

OT what an ignorant cow she was for saying all that!!!

Lou
xxx

Sorry - both of those open your baby up to my pet-hate - mummy or daddy choosing names they like rather than ones that will be good for the baby.

Tesni? Tala? Ffion? Please, please, please, tell me you are kidding and you are not actually seriusly considering lumbering your baby with any of these names. I have grown up with a non-traditional spelling (Saara, rather than Sarah) and trust me, I would have given anything at school age to have a 'normal' name. And mine was only a different spelling to a very tradional name in my own country - I hate to think what it'd be like for a child called 'Ffion' or 'Tala'. I know I certainly would not touch a name such as that with a barge-pole. I think to do so is tantamount to child-abuse.

Do you realise Ffion is a very popular, traditional Welsh name? The equivalent of calling your child Siobhan if Irish.

I've had a look at some of your posts in the names forum and you comes across as very narrow-minded and pretty uneducated about where names come from.

Someone calling their child a popular name is now child-abuse? :lol: Oh dear, better lock up all the Mums of Alasdairs, Craigs, Graemes, Siobhans and Mhairis and prosecute them!

Saara has deffinately got some problems. ive read some of her previous posts - she doesnt plan for any of her children to be slightly individual. Pretty sad really.
Ive grown up with the name Deirdre and constantly having it spelt wrong as Deidre (on everything!) has been slightly frustrating but im so so so used to it now that it really doesnt bother me. Also with the name Deirdre and only being quite young, ive never met another Deirdre.
I happen to now LOVE my name and i'd never be upset with my parents for naming me like they did because in a way it has allowed me to be a little individual.

ok now im done lol
im glad that Saara has been deactivated she had no right being so cruel. When it comes to name choice we should not listen to people like Saara!

still cant get over it lol

better lock me up and throw away the key!

She definately has issues.

I love the name Ffion, but at first I did say it "fiff-e-on" and if I'm honest even now to type it I say it in my head like that :rofl: but I know it's fee-on x

We have found out that we are expecting a girl (well they said 90% certain)
I have been having a think of some names and would ideally like to have a choice of 3 to choose between after she is born.

I wanted a different name that wasn't too weird or chavy.
I wanted a Welsh name either as 1st or middle name (one that I have not come across in other people I know and that was easy to pronounce properly by non-Welsh speakers)
I wanted the name to have a meaning that had some relevance

So I like these with the surname Steer:-

1) Tesni Brooke
Tesni is welsh for "warmth from the sun" the baby is due early June
I am open to other one syllable middle name options for this name though

2) Tala Ffion
Tala is native american for a form of wolf (we have a husky dog). and Ffion is welsh name meaning rose

What do you think? Please alert me to any possible negative points to the names that may have passed me by. Any ideas on a potential 3rd name?

All I can say is WOW, not sure I've ever read anything so rude!!

Anyway - I think the meaning of Tesni is beautiful and I like the way it looks, I am not sure how it is pronounced though. Is it just as you think it would be??

I love Tesni Brooke, but how about Tesni Ffion (I think someone else may have suggested this) I think it is a lovely name - especially as both names have such a lovely meaning.

xxx

How comes everyone thought it was fiffi -on and not fee- on, i thought the general rule of the thumb is that if a name begins with two of the same letter you only pronounce it once? like Aaron is stil A-ron?

Or am i the only know who's heard that rule? :rofl:

How comes everyone thought it was fiffi -on and not fee- on, i thought the general rule of the thumb is that if a name begins with two of the same letter you only pronounce it once? like Aaron is stil A-ron?

Or am i the only know who's heard that rule? :rofl:

Good point - lol!!! I'll have to remember that one.

I would have definitely pronounced it wrong had someone not told me earlier on!! :rofl:

xx

thats not exactly true PP (in welsh anyway)... for example double LL isnt pronouced L is pronounced in a weird way. Put your tongue in the position for "l" then blow out!!

i like tesni a lot actually...ive never heard that name before but i do like it...i don't know if i like tala though. ffion is an interesting name, i kind of like that one.

Alisa Rose
Alisa Marie
Alisa Ffion Rose( I really like this name)
which ever name you choose good luck and have a blessed delivery

i actually REALLY like Tesni.......never heard of it before.....might even suggest it to my OH (obviously if thats ok Mrs Steer)....the more i read this thread the more i like it!

Im supposed to have a tiny bit of welsh in me as it goes but my sperm donor is a compulsive liar so not sure how true that is!!

i think jay is lovely as a middle name - my ex's best friend was called jay, he died last year and his brother gave his daughter jay as a middle name in memory of him!

i like jay as a middle name too....i like when girls have tradtionally boys names....

i love Tesni-unusual & beautiful xx

Sorry OP, when I came in to give a telling off I didn't respond
I really do like Tesni, very unusual and pretty.
I do like Ffion as well, wasn't sure when I first read it/said it but it really suits our Tezzy's Ffion, btw I've alway said it the right way :smug:

Tezzy in welsh are the L's said like you have a cold and need to cough? :lol:

Sorry OP, when I came in to give a telling off I didn't respond
I really do like Tesni, very unusual and pretty.
I do like Ffion as well, wasn't sure when I first read it/said it but it really suits our Tezzy's Ffion, btw I've alway said it the right way :smug:

Tezzy in welsh are the L's said like you have a cold and need to cough? :lol:

like you need to cough :wacko: nooo pmsl!! :haha:

ill try to find a video on youtube or something to show you :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back