Some opinions on these girls names...

Sorry - both of those open your baby up to my pet-hate - mummy or daddy choosing names they like rather than ones that will be good for the baby.

Tesni? Tala? Ffion? Please, please, please, tell me you are kidding and you are not actually seriusly considering lumbering your baby with any of these names. I have grown up with a non-traditional spelling (Saara, rather than Sarah) and trust me, I would have given anything at school age to have a 'normal' name. And mine was only a different spelling to a very tradional name in my own country - I hate to think what it'd be like for a child called 'Ffion' or 'Tala'. I know I certainly would not touch a name such as that with a barge-pole. I think to do so is tantamount to child-abuse.
Not sure if the other names are welsh but Ffion I'm very sure is a welsh traditional name since my friends name LO is called Ffion and a member here then of course OP is Welsh. Who are you to say its not normal either way?

You clearly have no idea what child abuse is since you freely throw the words around :growlmad:

Keeping your mouth shut in the future may be best rather than shooting your mouth off with garbage. Silly girl!

Sorry - both of those open your baby up to my pet-hate - mummy or daddy choosing names they like rather than ones that will be good for the baby.

Tesni? Tala? Ffion? Please, please, please, tell me you are kidding and you are not actually seriusly considering lumbering your baby with any of these names. I have grown up with a non-traditional spelling (Saara, rather than Sarah) and trust me, I would have given anything at school age to have a 'normal' name. And mine was only a different spelling to a very tradional name in my own country - I hate to think what it'd be like for a child called 'Ffion' or 'Tala'. I know I certainly would not touch a name such as that with a barge-pole. I think to do so is tantamount to child-abuse.

Wow. What a bitch..

:rofl:

I think you need to see someone about this, yknow?

OP- I like your names!

:dohh: Bloody Hell...

Tantamount to child abuse... WTF is wrong with you? What on this earth give you the right to throw things like that around to others, Your lucky im not a Mod because if you said something this rude to another member on my site you would be off it in a second.

OP, I happen to think all 3 of those names are lovely! especially Tensi!

Thank you everyone for sticking up for me!! Only just got back on here after writing orginal post. I really didn't mean to start a heated debate!!

As for the responses from lesser ignorant members, thanks for your opinions glad the names are generally liked. Tala and Tesni seem to be spilt down the middle. I am planning to take them both through til the end and decide then. See what fits the child best. Although I am leaning slightly more towrds Tesni at the moment. I had wanted to take another possibility through too, but have seen a suggestion on another post I might steal - Starla.

No special reason for the one syllable middle name just that I think it flows better when the 1st name and middle name have different number of syllables - bit OCD like that!! I was thinking of Jay. My husband is called Jason but I call him Jay, is it too masculine do you think, or just a silly idea? Tesni Jay?

Opps just realised I spelt Tesni wrong, I like Tesni Jay, I also like that as a double barrelled first name Tesni-Jay I think thats very pretty!

Oh I'll let you off starting a heated debate :rofl:

Shes been deactivated now - I seen 3 things in a row from her that wasn't acceptable and that was that :thumbup:

Not sure if the other names are welsh but Ffion I'm very sure is a welsh traditional name since my friends name LO is called Ffion and a member here then of course OP is Welsh. Who are you to say its not normal either way?

You clearly have no idea what child abuse is since you freely throw the words around :growlmad:

Keeping your mouth shut in the future may be best rather than shooting your mouth off with garbage. Silly girl!

im SPEACHLESS!!

Wobs you told me to hold my breath and count to 10... and i can see why!! (and no i didnt!)

my daughters name is Ffion, and I am the friend who Wobs is talking about in her post. it is a traditional WELSH name, in English it is Fiona.. in welsh (yes that is a country and yes we have our own language) it is Ffion. It isnt a non-traditionally spelt name AT ALL in fact its the opposite!!!!!

I LOVE my daughters name, it shows our Welsh heritidge and I am hoping it will install in her a sense of pride and will hopefully help carry on the traditions of being welsh when she has her own family one day.

Im appalled by your post i really am and it just shows your lack of tact and knowledge of traditional names.

BUHBYE!!

Love it - your daughter is called Ffion and your avatar name Tezzy would be a shortened version of Tesni.... I think they're meant to be..

to the origional poster..

i think Ffion is a lovely name, as long as you tell people how to say it the once they are totally fine :D but then thats the same with most welsh names!!! let me know what name you decide on!!

:hug:

I'm loving your name choices - especially Tesni :)
Someone I work with has a daughter called Ffion. I think it's a really nice name xx

Love it - your daughter is called Ffion and your avatar name Tezzy would be a shortened version of Tesni.... I think they're meant to be..

:D :happydance:

personally i think it sounds lovely!!

another nice welsh name if your baby is born in June (as Ffion was funnily enough) is Haf - welsh for Summer. Ffion was origionally going to be Ffion Haf but in the end we decided on Ffion Lowri (said low-ree not l-hour-ee)

Tezzy - Ffion Lowri is a beautiful name xx

Because Im not welsh I thought wow shes barmy when you announced but in a sense of I wasn't sure on the name or familular with it but I was pronouncing it wrong haha over time it grew on me erm mainly because I started pronoucing it right :blush: I use to say "fiff e on" instead of "fee-on" :blush: Not that Ive ever admitted that to you until now LOL!!

oh i knew you said fif e on!!!!! im sure you told me after a few vodkas one night :rofl:

Oh did I :rofl: I don't feel so bad for the confession then HAHA!! SC use to correct me all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->