some people are just odd...

Kiree

proud mammy of 2 boys
Reaction score
or maybe its me....!!

i was in asda today and had Noah in the mei tai. some woman grabbed my hubby, pointed and me and goes 'she belongs in a wigwam her!!'

and she was deadly serious!! i cant be annoyed cos it was such a bizarre thing to say. hubby gave her an education in babywearing before she retreated to the safety of the bananas where her embarrassed looking hubby was waiting.

she then remarked to her husband something about 'well shes still bonding with the baby in a way. but its not the same as a pram'

ehhhhh? ok!

:dohh: i once had the pleasure of a boy (had to be about 17?) in a bus stop (was about 3 feet away from me ) comment on how horribly uncomfortable that baby must be and how nasty i was for wearing her ????wtf???? (she was sleeping at the time)

i think ppl really need to learn to stfu !!LOL

just realised your are in the NE too kiree..wherabouts if you don mind me asking?

do u know sunny south tyneside?

well I live in a little village in south tyneside. i was going to reply to the other post about a meet but i may be barred, Noah is not a cloth bum :( hubby put the block on that one..

come along to the meet!!!!!! just cos you dont cloth bum dont mean you cant come!!!!

WTF??? I agree a really odd thing to say.Why do people need to have an opinion on EVERYTHING?

WTF??? I agree a really odd thing to say.Why do people need to have an opinion on EVERYTHING?

I know!!! Weird random opinionated people, theyre everywhere!

:rofl:

Whats a wigwam

I used to carry aidan in a sling and he loved every minute of it.In fact his first laugh was when I had him forward facing and he was laughing at a sign swinging in the wind
xx

That's a completely bizarre thing to say! I didn't know much about babywearing before I had Leyla but I do remember seeing somebody in a Mei Tai a while before she was born and thinking how elegant it looked. I suppose she might have been thinking about eye contact when she said that bit about prams, but I'd take LO snuggling up to me, sharing my warmth and hearing my heartbeat over that any day!

Its one of those tent type houses that american indians used to live in...

Yes apparently I belong in one of those!

omg how narrowminded...if anyone ever says anything i snap back with the lecture i got from the paedeatric osteopath when bug got her hips checked(she had a clicky hip) about how great it was that i was carrying her in the moby and how good it was for her hips :p

she then remarked to her husband something about 'well shes still bonding with the baby in a way. but its not the same as a pram'
It's easier to bond with your baby when they are two feet in front of you in a plastic box? LOL.

some ppl are just weird.

:rofl: some people have very odd ideas about parenting, but they are entitled to them. What I don't understand is people who feel the need to come up to parents they do not know and voice their uneducated opinions to them. I mean seriously, what is the point?

I read a post by one mum who had a woman come up to her and her baby in the supermarket to tell her how much she hated babies! WTF?!

ugh i get this all the time too. EVERY time i go into the post office the woman coments on how hot / uncomfortable / sore / restricted / squashed / unsupported ruby is in the moby. and EVERY time shes either asleep or not making a sound! there was one day last week when it was raining, so we actually drove there, but becasue i was carrying loads of parcels i put her in the moby when we got out of the car, so she was wide awake and had been rained on a bit on the way into the shop. she wasnt crying but she was a bit more active than usual, and she actually had the cheek to say 'i knew she hated it in there!' WHAT???
i find that when im walking up the mall in the the shopping centre or something, if i turn back i find lots of people looking back to get another look! maybe its cos i have a bright fushcia one now lol.. but really, its not THAT odd is it?

i find that when im walking up the mall in the the shopping centre or something, if i turn back i find lots of people looking back to get another look! maybe its cos i have a bright fushcia one now lol.. but really, its not THAT odd is it?

Lol, I get soooo many odd looks, I realised the other day it prob doesn't help that my ring sling is a rainbow colour and my mei tai has a really bright orange silk hood, they're a bit in your face!

I just look at the floor or at Freya most the time, I am so shy that it freaks me out that so many people look at me. It doesn't help that for about two months now Freya has thought that squealing is the funniest thing in the world, and recently has started growling. We are both noisy and bright, lol.

I can't believe she told you ruby hated being in there, people are so stupid. As if we would be forcing them to do somthing they didn't like. Silly people. I wish they would keep their opinions to themselves.

Yesterday I was out for a walk with Freya and she was all dressed up, it was quite cold (but not raining or anything). We had been in a whop and she was getting hot so I took her hat off (in the shop) and walked outside for all of 3 metres with it off and some old woman said to her friend "aww, the poor baby she must have such a cold head, I would buy her hat." and her friend said "and a pushchair, would be warmer". :shock: I had her hat in my hand! Because she was HOT!

Some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->