some valuable information, u may as well read, takes 2 mins

kaz29

Reaction score
hi, some advice and trust me as much as u think shut up, this is more than likely gonna happen to u as u would be suprised at how many ladies in 3rd tri complain about this.

One of the worst symptoms for me and what has been spoilling my later stages has been constipation. Now ive had it before pregnancy and its been awful in the past but this kind is something else im telling u. So please remember this thread and when u start to feel constipated when u 1st get the symptoms - please dont do what ive done and ignored it. 2 wks ago i was struggling but still just about managing to go but this wk has been horrendous.

What u need to do is make sure u are including fibre in your diet and also take a stool softener thats safe to take during pregnancy. Please take this advice, if i can help one person avoid what ive been through today with it then this thread is worth while.

Trust me it has gotton very bad for me and has been a traumatic day regarding this,

Thanks and happy LO growing !!!!

ps i am now taking Lactulose solution, its a safe stool softener to take during pregnancy, it took 1 hour and half to work and it tastes really nice like golden syrup so my advice is to try this if u are struggling. Good luck ladies xxxxxxx

This was a good post idea. I also had the most serious bout of constipation of my LIFE just after I started first tri...

Fiber and stool softeners are the best medicine. And a well-balanced diet to begin with.

I have also had problems in both my pregnancy and my doctor has prescribed magnesium. In my first pregnancy I didn't even need to tell her. I had some strange brown discharge and when I asked her if it was ok she tested it on some paper, said it was fine and then said she bet I was also constipated!
She prescribed magnesium (150mg twice a day until stools became too soft) and it has been a godsend!!! I continued to take it after pregnancy when I had an episiotomy and literally the thought of going to the toilet terrified me and I had no probs!
The second time around I have a massive stash of Mg and make sure I never run out :D
I've definitely needed more this pregnancy because I also had cramps in my legs when I stopped taking it twice a day.

also had the worst "toilet" experience of my life yesterday...im sooooooooooooo eating bran flakes for breakfast dinner and tea from now on, ouch, my bum hurts and it was a horrible experience...sorry for the tmi...but this thread is a good idea!!! :thumbup:

Dehydration can make it worse too.

Oh the joys of pregnancy!

i had this during 1st tri and now im constipated again, thank for the advice! i might speak to my pharmacist

I've started suffering again after it clearing up during second tri, im gonna have a word with my mw at my next appointment to see if she can prescribe anything.

I've completely changed my diet since 10 days. I stopped eating all junk, no sweets, no fatty dairy, instead of white bread, rice, pasta I eat brown one, starting the day with fresh fruit, eat everyday 1 salad and add veggies like broccoli or fine green beans with every meal, 1,5 - 2l of water per day and I go to the loo 2-3 times a day. No need for supplements. The difference is huge, no constipation, bleeding, pain and frustration and it took me 2 days to start working. Oh, and it takes me 1 min to go into the toilet and go out. Really recommend it ladies. :thumbup:

yeah i am starting to adopt a better diet . . . i cant handle all the sweet things that i was craving before and had terrible constipation after my last c section. i mentioned it on your original thread but i will tell it in brief again . . .

they gave me iron tablets after the operation and was told that it would make stools hard but just eat veg . .. dont just rely on veg! i have never been in so much pain like that (obviously labour was worse but completely different lol) definately eat a fibre breakfast once you get closer to your dd and for a little while afterwards

xkx

Years ago I had very bad constipation and hemorroid problems. I remember one doctor was awful to me and said "if you have hemorroid problems now you are really going to suffer badly when you fall pregnant." He really freaked me out because at the time I was in agony with pain. Ever since I got pregnant the idea of constipation and hemorroids has been on my mind - with a history of hemorroids my current doctor said it was bound to happen to me. However I've been very considerate of my diet and have been making sure to eat fiber cereal and plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and guess what.... I'm 3 weeks away from my due date and haven't had so much as one day of constipation. A good diet truly pays off!

Lactulose is also great to take after birth when you are worried about the dreaded first poo! x

I agree I have been addicted to fruit veg and snacking on rivita rye bread and also have had no constipation hooray. It really works

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->