Someone PLEASE help me understand!

jenny9276

Mother of 3 TTC #4
Reaction score
I am soooo confused. I had a faint positive in my OB/GYN office on 3/4. On 3/5 I had a beta hcg draw, and my level was 5. My 2nd beta 48 hours later was 4, down 1 point. My ob says the results that low are always +/-, so essentially the numbers are the same. He said it was so early though that he wants to retest me in a week if I don't start my period. The funny thing is the day of my 2nd draw (of hcg level 4) I had a slightly darker very very faint line on FRER 6 day sooner w/ FMU. I had brown spotting (more like stretchy CM with dark brown streaks through it) on BOTH blood draw days. Maybe I hadn't implanted yet? Maybe I was in the process of implanting, and that's why I saw spotting, but it hadn't FULLY implanted and the hcg hadn't started to double? To add to my confusion, I'm also getting ALMOST (like right before a blaring positive) positive OPKs. Since this was my first month using OPKs, I decided to test daily to see what was going on with my body. I had a positive OPK on 2/21. I had faint faint faint lines after that. After I got the 1st faintly positive hpt, I stopped using the OPKs. Out of curiosity I used one today, and a very dark - almost matched the control - line. I haven't had a true period since December. I had 4 days of pink spotting from 2/16 to 2/19. If you count that as a period, I'm on CD 22, I think. So 6 days until my period would be due. WTH is going on with my body, and why is it that as soon as we TTC our cycles and bodies go HAYWIRE!?

our bodies do such confusing things. Just wanted to give you a heads up that the LH surge that is giving you a positive OPK can also give you a false positive FRER. Sounds to be based on your dates that you are just now entering the window of when you could possibly get a positive test. Remember you *could* get a positive as early as 8 dpo with those tests but most people have to wait longer. I know the wait is so hard. Good luck!

I heard the opposite - that OPK can pick up HCG, but that HPT can't predict ovulation.

I heard the opposite - that OPK can pick up HCG, but that HPT can't predict ovulation.

This is true. But, if your LH levels are really high you can have some cross reactivity on the HPT and get a very faint line that won't progress to being any darker. OPKs will pick up HCG but your levels have to be higher for this than for the HCG to be picked up on an HPT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->