Someone please tell me to get over it - warning just a moan

pgfairy

Reaction score
Someone sensible please tell me I'm being a twit and to get my head out of wherever it's currently residing and stop being a baby?

I'm over 30. I am married to a wonderful man who is going to be a wonderful father. We've been together for over 10 years, rock solid relationship. We own our house. Well the bank owns our house but you know what I mean. We both have good 'stable' jobs (as stable as it gets these days). And I feel like a 16 year old who got knocked up and I'm TERRIFIED to tell my mother. What is wrong with me?! ](*,)

Haha Im the same with my mother. I'm also nearly 30. I found the words hard to say so I wrote a card from us all and included bump. Was much easier to announce heehee

So...how'd she take it? :blush: I think part of my problem is that I can't even begin to picture how she's going to react. Terrifying! :nope:

She was very happy for us. My oh was terrified of telling his mum and she cried see was so happy

I am nervous too because the last time didn't go so well (although we were young). I know they will be happy for us and my mum knows we are "hoping it will happen soon". I am only early on but i'd like them to be involved from the start and if anything bad does happen I will want them for support. I have bought 2 baby vests. one says "i love my nanny this much" and the other says "I love my grandad this much". I am wrapping them up for christmas and asking them to open it.

Stop being a baby. Get over it. Tell mum. She will b over the moon. Congratulations! Lol

I was really really hoping you would pitch in tryn4, from what I've read so far I thought I might be able to count on you to be no nonsense. Thanks :flower:

I am 31 and my mum was actually nagging me to fall pregnant...lol I told her the moment i did my first home test and she was over the moon!!

Go on tell your mum and you will be shocked how happy she will be!!

Ha I think one of the first threads I posted on here (maybe one of the only ones I've started!) was about this! I was DREADING telling my mum, I'm 29, married, stable own business, house, all that jazz. And I was terrified she would be so mad, I have no idea why. I begged my husband not to tell her, literally sank to my knees in the kitchen and begged while she was waiting in the sitting room! She said while she was surprised by it "you are nearly 30 you know", and she couldn't understand why I was so worried about telling her :)

I am nervous too because the last time didn't go so well (although we were young). I know they will be happy for us and my mum knows we are "hoping it will happen soon". I am only early on but i'd like them to be involved from the start and if anything bad does happen I will want them for support. I have bought 2 baby vests. one says "i love my nanny this much" and the other says "I love my grandad this much". I am wrapping them up for christmas and asking them to open it.

This is really cute, I wish I was a little farther along and could do this for my in laws, as we're not going to be with them on Christmas day. They are going to be over the moon, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure if I do this I better be prepared for the /entire/ extended family to know too because there is no way they wouldn't announce it to everyone as soon as they find out if we're not there to moderate them. :dohh:

Lol trust me pgfairy I have to try to be sensitive but it's hard cuz I am kinda just no nonsense. It's very sweet that your nervous though but I know it's always such a relief to just let the secret out!

Well for now and future you can be brutal with me :) I respond well to just being told what's what! :flower:

I'm getting it over with next week, figured it'll be better face to face (she doesn't live close by). Will let you know if that's a huge mistake!

Good stuff! Don't worry it will be great! Promise xx

Well since I always follow threads like this to see what happened I thought I'd give an update.

She already knew. Some sort of bizaar mothers intuition thing kicked in and she's been telling everyone for two weeks she was expecting me to be pregnant which I just think is spooky because there is no way on earth she got it from anything I said.
Anyway she's thrilled.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and merry Christmas to all those who celebrated.

Lol I knew she would be! See! That's lovely. Happy holidays !

We were married when I found out I was expecting DS and it was planned but telling my parents was like confirming that we had had sex! Lmao 😇

That's how I felt telling my kids lol well the older ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->