Somewhat solid poop/4 week old??

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
My DS is 4 weeks and he is exclusively breast fed and his poops are always the runny/seedy yellow poops. Well yesterday afternoon I changed his diaper and it was solid. I was so confused because I don't remember my DS1 having a solid poop at such a young age. I picked it up with the baby wipe to feel the consistency and it was soft but stayed together. It wasn't hard or pellet like. Does this seem normal? It's only happened the one time so far. I haven't changed anything in my diet besides trying to cut out dairy because he's been spitting up after feeds. And he always has a wet diaper. I wanted to call the nurse but then felt silly because I always phone them :)

It's unusual and can be a sign of an allergy or intolerance in a BF baby of that age. Some EBF babies do develop more solid poo later on but it's usually at 4 months+. As you're already cutting out dairy I would see how things go with that. My two that were allergic/intolerant to soya had solid lumps of dried/powdery poo in their nappy, they were like rocks as soon as soya was out of their system it never happened again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->