Songs

marley2580

Reaction score
What songs do you need to sing to your little one to get them to settle? Kaya only likes Angels by Robbie Williams. She can be really fractious and moany but will settle as soon as I start singing it. I can now sing it in my sleep - I'm singing while typing this (multi-tasking at its best).

Callum loves valerie by amy winehouse, not to settle him he just laughs and laughs when i sing it to him (it might be that he's laughing at my singing.)

When i was little, i would not go to sleep unless i'd heard George Michael! lol!! I wasnt too fussy about which song, but thats all that would do it!! Mum and Dad can sing all his songs in their sleep now!! lol!
My cousins little girl will only sleep if shes heard Geoge too!! Must be a family thing! lol!!

Juleika just loves anything I sing to her and as I do not know any nursery rhymes in english I sing them to her in german, that she unleast hears a tiny amount of my native language :baby:

Mickey you should totally speak to Juleika in German, now is when babies are learning language and people who speak more than one language have got a great advantage in today's world. I'm trying to let Kaya hear as many languages as possible atm.

I don't sing to her :blush: She'd cry lol!!

Rhiannon likes old welsh folk songs and the welsh national anthem ( got her well trained lol ;) ) but she also likes beyonce's listen from the film dreamgirls and the song on the fabric conditioner advert (cant remember which one but the song goes something like) "do the moves do the moves...(and the people are all made out of cloth)...

Mickey you should totally speak to Juleika in German, now is when babies are learning language and people who speak more than one language have got a great advantage in today's world. I'm trying to let Kaya hear as many languages as possible atm.

I did some research on this and they said you should not mix them up, but you should set certain areas were you speak only one language to them, otherwise they might get confused.

e.g.
mummy, daddy + Juleika = english
mummy + Juleika = english (helps if I need to go to doc and so on...)
mummy + friend + Juleika = german
mummy singing and reading = german

I try to speak as much german with her as possible, e.g. reading, singing, playing german children song, meeting up with german friends, talking german on the phone, searching for german toddler groups and even possibly attending a german saturday school when she is older (depends if we are still living here, as here we would have one available) :baby:

I will def support her learning german at most :hi:

fact is the daughter of a friend of mine, who is now two and a half and heard four languages from birth on, still can only speak a few words.
as well I heard from the experience of people that those children are able to speak all language fluently, but sometimes have problems to express themselves correctly. may be, 'cos every language has several layers, if you e.g. even take dialects into account :hi:

my english vocabulary is missing out on slang, but it's improving :rofl:

Rhiannon likes old welsh folk songs and the welsh national anthem ( got her well trained lol ;) ) but she also likes beyonce's listen from the film dreamgirls and the song on the fabric conditioner advert (cant remember which one but the song goes something like) "do the moves do the moves...(and the people are all made out of cloth)...

...feeling iri :hi:

I sing Duffy 'Mercy' to Oliver lol. Not to get him to sleep, he just seems to like it! We bought him a lovely bear from boots that sings nursery rhymes and tells stories..we play that to him before bedtime-seems to do the trick! He especially likes humpty dumpty! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->