Sonographer predicted ovulation soon but Ov tests are STILL Negative

AngPA

Reaction score
Had an ultrasound following a m/c 2.5 wks. prior.
Tech said everything looked good, uterus seemed to be the right size so doubted any leftover tissue and Ovaries looked good too. She said, in fact, it looks like you will be ovulating from your left ovary this cycle and you'll probably ovulate very soon, a couple days.. maybe 4-5. I was shocked she could tell me all of that. And! :happydance: I was so excited to know that my body was getting back on track again so quickly. (2.5 wks after miscarriage)

So I continued tracking ovulation, using the LH surge predictors (Ovulation Kits) typically 1-2x/day. I tracked from the day of my u/s until now, one week later. Every single ov. test has come back negative. :nope: I'm sort of confused by this. :wacko:

Did my follicle stop growing? Did I never get an LH surge to trigger ovulation? Was she wrong about everything? I can understand that I could produce a follicle but never release an egg, and I could see how that would be a huge reason someone would be infertile. However, my infertility issue is recurrent miscarriage (3 in the past year :cry: ). I have no problem getting pregnant... .but for some reason, I just can't seem to hang on to them this time (I have 2 kids, healthy and without fertility assistance)...

Since the LH surge predicts ovulation approx. 24-48 hrs later, that means there are 10 neg. ovulation days since the u/s in which I was told probably 4-5 days. And the u/s are usually pretty accurate.

Has anyone ever gone through anything like this or could share their thoughts? It's so frustrating

Hey hun...so sorry for your losses, that's just heartbreaking to hear! :hug:

As for the U/S, I would say she could have been partially correct, I assume she saw a good sized follicle in your ovary and predicted ovulation to occur shortly, but if she didn't actually measure it, then I don't think the number of days she predicted could be exactly dead on ya know? It was probably just her best guess, but I'm no expert :D Women are generally very fertile in the first cycle or two after a miscarriage and there have been studies to prove that, so I would definitely venture to guess that you will surely ovulate and if you don't get your positive test soon, then maybe you missed your surge.

Are the tests getting at all darker? Did your doc do any testing to see why you've experienced the three losses? Maybe you just have a progesterone deficiency, I had to use progesterone supplements during my 1st trimester to help keep me pregnant, and that worked great!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! So 9 days later and still no positive ov test.. weird! There is barely a visible line. After waiting about 3 mins, I can see a faint one which has been fairly consistent over the course of tracking it.

I have not gone through the testing yet, but that's actually why I'm trying to track ovulation. Doc said to have blood work 1 week after ovulation... but still waiting for that day! I used the progesterone suppositories for this last pregancy, but I guess that wasn't enough. My progesterone was pretty good during the pregnancy though.. I think 23-something (before I started the suppositories). But the doc said it could still be a progesterone issue if I have a luteal phase defect and don't produce enough in the prep phase. Hoping for an easing fix like just using Clomid to produce a better quality egg or mature things faster, but I guess we'll see.

Like you said, I also wondered if I missed my surge which would explain the neg. tests. Do you think the sonographer would have been able to tell if I had ovulated yet? I don't know if a follicle would still be hanging out if I hadn't or if it would show a cyst (corpus luteum)..?

I'm trying not to become completely obsessed with everything but I feel like a puzzle that needs to be solved, lol.. I have to stop myself from calling the doctor's office and bugging them about it since they'll probably just tell me to wait longer and see what happens. I can't stand not knowing. How long should I wait before making that call?

I definitely can relate to what you're going through, it's so frustrating during this period of time when you're not sure what is going on with your body etc, after I had a m/c, my cycle was great, but I wasn't ready to try again, so when I finally was ready, my cycle had disappeared altogether...I eventually did have to take Clomid to ovulate and conceived my DS easily, so hopefully if that's what you will need, you will have the same success :D

The sonographer should have been able to tell if you O'd, when I went in after my positive OPK's, they could see the cyst from where I released the egg, but I'm not sure that happens every single time does it? Maybe you have already O'd! It's hard not to obsess, nearly impossible, especially when all you want is a solution and to be pregnant right? Hang in there, maybe since your tests are very faint you've already O'd, I would keep testing to see if they remain light and if they do, I wouldn't wait to call your doc, hopefully you have a great doc who is willing to do any and everything to help you conceive and have a healthy pregnancy :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->