• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

sonohysterogram

Mallow9

IUI#2 - Pregnant!!!
Reaction score
Has anyone had a sonohysterogram? I think I will be going in to see if I have polp. I just want to be ready with alot of Advil if the pain is at all simular to the HSG.

It is very similar every woman responds different, i had the sonohysterogram first i thought it was a little easier then HSG. i took xanax for both of them and the advil, you shoudl feel fine on your way out the door. good luck.

Sorry if this reply is too late. I found the sonohysterogram very easy and quick. Everyone is different, though. The HSG I had a lot more cramping when they put in the dye, and I took advil beforehand. I don't think I took anything for the sonohysterogram. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you!

Sonohyst was no big deal for me, honestly. The doc didn't say to take advil, like the other tests, and I was just fine. I was so nervous! The hysterscopy and endometrial biopsy hurt a LOT more. My hsg is tomorrow...also very nervous about it.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I won't have the sonohysterogram for another couple of weeks. I will probably just alot of Advil just in case - but now can prepare myself.

Rosbaby - like Pickle13 said every woman responds differently. I would highly suggest to take a high dosage of Advil about 1 hour before the HSG just in case you have pain. You will be fine - Good luck! Also there is a high percentage of couples getting pregnant after the HSG!

Rosbaby - like Pickle13 said every woman responds differently. I would highly suggest to take a high dosage of Advil about 1 hour before the HSG just in case you have pain. You will be fine - Good luck! Also there is a high percentage of couples getting pregnant after the HSG!

Thank you! I did take 800 mg of advil about an hour before today, and the pain was not too bad. Definitely uncomfortable, but not nearly as bad as the hysteroscopy. Good luck with your sonohyst, it won't be a big deal. :thumbup:

Has anyone had a sonohysterogram? I think I will be going in to see if I have polp. I just want to be ready with alot of Advil if the pain is at all simular to the HSG.

Im not sure exactly the difference with a sono and an hsg, but Ive read the hsg is much worse. my sono was fine, I took advil before and the only painful part was when she slid the catheter up through the cervix (was a quick ouch pain). my tubes were clear so the dye didnt hurt....I think if they are blocked thats where the pain comes from. I didnt have any cramping after either. good luck, how come you are having a sono after an hsg?

My hsg was during a lap so I have nothing to compare it to. The sonohysterogram was fine maybe just a split second of discomfort when the shot the dye in but that was it. I forgot to take the Ibuprofen prior as I worked the night before and went straight to the appt.

Im not sure exactly the difference with a sono and an hsg, but Ive read the hsg is much worse. my sono was fine, I took advil before and the only painful part was when she slid the catheter up through the cervix (was a quick ouch pain). my tubes were clear so the dye didnt hurt....I think if they are blocked thats where the pain comes from. I didnt have any cramping after either. good luck, how come you are having a sono after an hsg?

For the past couple of months the doctors think i might have small polp in my uterus. It only shows up on the ultrosounds once in a blue moon. They want to go in and make sure it is not a polp. Since i had a miscarriage a polp could cause this so i guess they want to just make sure before we go foward with the next IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"