Soon to be 34 and feeling pressured, anyone else?!?!

Took an afternoon poas with a BFN yesterday and then an AM wee today with another BFN. cd 35 today. One more stick to wee on and then I have to sneak out and buy some more. These last two sticks I wee'ed on were store brand 5 days before missed period and I am well over that and it is still a BFN so I am not sure when AF is going to show.

Babybemine any news?

As for me, I'm doing quite good this cycle. No aches or pains apart for a couple of days after iui. I'm just constantly hungry lol! Freaking progesterone pessaries!

AF got me on CD40

Onto my next cycle.

Using Femara, another HSG, trigger and IUI. FX that they all do there magic and things work for us.

Babybemine, a 39 day cycle!! wow! that's very long!

As for me i'm still hanging in the 2w limbo, but doing fine apart from sudden hunger pains, and achey bbs! next tuesday is my due AF day, let's see....

:hugs: Tink, yes Tuesday or Wednesday. if i don't get it on Tuesday i'll text my doc as i'm usually spot-on.

You'll def get an answer one way or the other as there is no spitting whether you ovulated. :hugs:

:dust:

I haven't post for months, but was on this thread back in the days before i turned 34, just popped by to give an update.
After all tests showed up pretty normal, but nothing after 2 years of trying, the Dr declared us unexplained and said the next step was IVF, but we'd have to wait another year! By then I was 'soon to be 36 and starting to PANIC' so after taking inositol for a few months to no avail we bit the bullet and went down the self funded route. We had ICSI with 5 day blastocyst culture and monitoring on the Eeva system to help choose the best one to transfer, all extra costs but in for a penny, in for a pound eh?
We went to Bourne Hall near Cambridge and the experience was fantastic, finally feeling like someone could do something to help us. The drugs were all fine, became a dab hand at injecting myself, got through egg collection just on a local, one ibuprofen and gas & air, 15 eggs collected and I felt great. Then the nerve wracking started, next day the embryologist called to say only 4 had been suitable for the procedure eep! The others were a gruesome sounding assortment of immature, giants, dark, degraded and vacuolated, bit of a shock, but at the same time maybe the explanation we'd been searching for.

Back to the fantastic four, all had fertilised so 5 day culture was still on, cue another 3 days of anxiety and phone calls to the clinic to check up on them. By day 4 the nerves started to settle, transfer was going to happen, we'd done our best, fate would now decide.

Out of the fantastic four, we had a 5AA, a 5AB, a lower score blasto and the other one, that had sort of gone a bit wrong on day 2. The 5AA was selected & transferred then we went home and rested up for a bit, but went back to work the next day and somehow the next week slid past, then 4 days before the blood test I swelled up big time. It seemed late onset OHSS had struck, felt terrible, but start to raise hopes in me I'd been trying to keep in check.

Had the blood test Wednesday 2nd October, they did it right then and I went for some breakfast while I waited for the result. 45 minutes later I was called back for the result, the nurse showed me into a room, is that good or bad, no this must be just what they do. It was good news, anything over 50 is positive and we measured 170, big sigh of relief.

People have described it as an emotional rollercoaster, but although scary they're usually over pretty quick, I liken it more to an epic horse race where just getting round the course is an achievement. In the Grand National of IF I felt like we'd cleared another huge fence and were onto a straight, still not over the finish but still in the running. Next fence is the 7wk viability scan at the end of the month, it's a big one but we'll give it our best go.

Hey Geek, I haven't been in here for absolutely AGES and when I pop back, what should I find! An amazing BFP story! :bfp: :cloud9: I'm sending you all my positive vibes for a happy and healthy little baby in there. It's been a long old road getting to this point but you're here, you did it! All happy and healthy babies start off in that early days worrysome first tri. Stay positive, eat right and stay hydrated and send as much love down to the 5AA as you've got!

Congrats!!!!!

Geek, WOW!!! I have everything crossed that this is the one (or two?)!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Hi girls I haven't posted in this thread for over a year I think. It must have fallen off my subscribed lists as I couldn't find it for ages . Anyway I noticed some old familiar names - wookie and Coconuts! I can see you girls are mummy's now that is lovely news x

And congrats to Geekgirl, I remember you back in the day too!!

As for me I had an equally difficult Lttc story - I ended up doing an ICSI cycle and finally fell pregnant with a frozen embryo. After a very easy pregnancy I had a lovely little baby boy Marlon. He is now 11 weeks and a real sweetheart .

Although I don't recognise most of you ladies now as it's been too long This thread was a life saver at times . I'd like to wish all the 34 yr olds all the best with ttc.. It'd great to think most I did have gone on to be pregnant x

ALEJA!!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!!!! Congrats on your little boy! That's so wonderful!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:
Coming up to 3 months - I read somewhere that every 3 months you get / notice a big change. You do. Laughs smiles giggles more wakeful times. Enjoy every moment.

Big congrats again!

Aleja- WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Huge congrats to you on your son!!!!!

Congrats on your son, aleja!

And big congrats to you, too, GeekChic!

Oh thank you ladies!
Jazavac you are here too!!
Congratulations on your boy- Almost 1!!

Coconuts, yes things seem to be getting better and easier now Marlon is 3 months. I can barely remember the first few weeks! Lol
Anyone planning on no 2?? :)

10 dpo. Time is going by. BB's fuller. Been cramping a bit today which was a little weird feeling. Have been battling with heartburn, and stuffiness and being cranky the last few days. Had a migraine today.

All good signs Babybe!!!! When will you test?????????? Eeeeeeek!

Aleja, I found my number 2 switch flipped just recently. I was with Gaia one morning and almost said out loud, I want another one! She's just so great! The practicalities of 2 close in age is a big scary but I'll deal with it.

One problem - still no AF...... come on you biotch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->