Sooo Annoyed right now !!!!

1st_baby

I cannot do this anymore , Max's sleeping habits are driving me nuts !!! I am putting him down drowsy so he can sleep and what dose he do he keeps spitting out the dummy so I figured he dosent want it so I let him be ..he will whine for 5 min and cry for 5 more so i go in put it back and he falls alseep ..only to wake up 5 min later and start all over again ..

I always put his ocean wonders aquarium on so he has soothing waves going on and he loves it but i swear im loosing patience with this whole nap/dummy thing
I just found myself swearing in my native language and for me to that im really annoyed I love him to bits but this has to stop

girls any ideas would be great , hes fed , changed and played for 30 min hes tired and rubbing his eyes but will do this whole thing for 30 min till i give up and hold him to sleep :hissy:

Caitlyn won't sleep unless she's on my boob, but that works for us.

Maybe crying it out is for you?

I hate hearing him cry :( but i will try it out right now hes crying/whining so im not getting up ..but i feel like such a bad mum

We always have to rock Erica to sleep and snuggle her. If I put her in her crib awake, there is no way she would fall asleep. Sorry I have no advice, I hope it gets easier!

I'm sorry hun! I have no advice.. Josh has gotten into this pattern where he wants his dummy back ad wakes up all the time all night to get his dummy back or to get a kiss on his forehead. :dohh:

Hope it gets better!!!!!

Have you tried to find a comfort item? Hannah has a blanket that she sleeps with, we are hoping that once she gets used to that (she already sleeps well with it) we can get rid of the dummy for good

Yes he has a comfort teddy/blanket he always sleeps with .. even when hes got that , dummy , fed , changed and what not eh still dose it ..im so lost ..I give him teething stuff as i know they hurt but it dosent change anything , he sleeps through the night he only dose this when its nap time

I don't know if you saw the thread I posted yesterday, but we were also having big problems with sleeping and crying. I'm also not prepared to let him cry it out.

My sister-in-law who has her own clinic came round to talk to us about it last night. She suggested a few things. She suggested we make sure his room is dark (for his nighttime sleep) and give him a soft toy or blanket that he can easily find. Last night he woke up at about 10, we gave him the toy and he went back to sleep and slept through for the first time in 3 weeks.

She also suggested we train him to put his own dummy back into his mouth. The steps to do this are as follows:

Put dummy on a dummy chain.
When LO cries for it, take their hand, put in on the dummy and then using their hand, put the dummy in the mouth. It apparently takes a while for them to learn to do it on their own, but from her experience with her own son it works well. My LO doesn't fully wake up, but she reckons when they are in a "light" state of sleep they will register what is happening.

I think there's a difference between letting them scream and letting them winge. You know your baby's cry, as long as he doesn't sound upset leave him. This has worked for us with Kaya - unless she starts properly crying we just leave her, if she's crying we go in, lie her back down, say night night and leave (to hover just outside the door lol).

I think there's a difference between letting them scream and letting them winge. You know your baby's cry, as long as he doesn't sound upset leave him. This has worked for us with Kaya - unless she starts properly crying we just leave her, if she's crying we go in, lie her back down, say night night and leave (to hover just outside the door lol).

same as marley.

Well thank you girls :)

Ratty my son has 2 fav toy/blankie things that need to be with him at al times and trust me he has them in his hands all the time when sleeping ..As for his dummy well he 1) east the dummy chain lol and it ends up all soggy and yucky , he can put his dummy in hiw own mouth but not the right way :( so he gets angry ..

I think I will just let him whine it out ..if he cries ill go in and sooth him but he needs to learn what NAP time is .. hes great the rest of the night he sleeps from 10-8am

Jayden wont go to sleep if i just place him down or anything i either put him in his bouncer and rock it or lie down on the bed or sofa with him on my chest tapping his bum only problem is when i get up to put him down sometimes he opens his eyes and starts waking up i jus continue tapping his bum and it sends him back of to sleep. Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->