Sooo scared because I accidentally took the BCP for the first 13 weeks!!! PLZ read

gryphsmum

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I registered here because I really need some informed answers. I am 14 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My first was only born 8 months ago and since my period never returned after his birth I didn't see a "missed period" in fact I hadn't had one in nearly two years. So anyway my doctor kept telling me just be patient its normal, and it should return any day now. After about another month and a half with still no period I finally took a test. I had taken one before but it came out negative so I decided the doc was probably right and stopped worrying for a little while. Anyway, this second one came out positive and the blood test said about 6 weeks along. Problem is this whole time that I had been figuring the lack of a period was normal I had been on the BCP (low-ogestrel). I still figured ok well thats only a month and a half, lots of ppl go that long without finding out so I wont worry too much. At my viability ultrasound yesterday the screen showed not a tiny peanut shape but a full well formed baby. Turns out I am more like 14 weeks along!!! So now I am really starting to get concerned. I mean I was on the pill for the ENTIRE first trimester!! I am really freaking out. Did i harm the baby. I am so mad at my old ob/gyn because if I am 3 1/2 months along that would put conception right at the time that I was taking my old pills that he prescribed me. The pills that he forgot to mention dont work after you stop nursing, which I had at that point. But thats neither here nor there. Whats done is done and the ultrasound yesterday showed everything that is visible looks normal and a healthy heartbeat but there is so much that cant be seen at this point. Does anyone have any information on how likely it is that the baby has been harmed by the pills. Thank you so much for your help and feel free to ** contact me via PM **. Make the subject line "birth control" so I dont accidentally delete it. Thanks again, I hope someone on here has some info that will help.

**Message from Moderator, please dont post your personal details on the fourm. IE: email address (members can contact you via private message).

If things looked fine at your first scan then chances are everything is fine. They can tell alot from the 12+ week scan and will be able to tell of any abnormalities.

I dont want to put a downer on things here hun but the first scan is mainly for dating reasons it isnt til the 20 weeks scan that everything gets checked in minute detail so mention to your midwife all your concerns and things can get checked and sorted from there and maybe the sonographer can have an extra check that they usually woudl wait to do?

As far as I know I dont think the pill would cause harm as such as I have had freinds fall on the pill and one didnt know til she was 18 weeks along and her dd was well healthy.

You need to get this sorted in your head or you will drive yourself carzy.
Someone else will be along soon that can help more but I didnt want to read and run
All the best
Bex.x

20 week scan is more important but a 12 week scan is just as important ... confirms viable pregnancy, growth of baby & heart-beat so I would say everything is fine & to relax then the 20 week scan & tests will be more detailed but nothing than any of us have to get checked out :D

Congrats on your pregnancy :D & welcome to BabyandBump

Welcome to BabyandBump hun!

Please try not to panic hun im sure things are fine, they will scan you and keep a close eye im sure!

In the mean time enjoy your oregnancy and try not to stress out

xxx

The nurse I spoke with did say not to be too concerned, and they didnt want to see me immediately or anything. I just hope that what they say is true and BCP's really dont hurt the baby. The timing was just horrible since I hadnt gotten a period back since my first because other than preg. symptoms there was no way to know...no missed period or anything. Though it will be nice having the second so close to my first. :)

last pregnancy i was on a very strong androgenic steriod type pill which i was also taking for acne and i took it up until 20 weeks not knowing i was pregnant.

they told me if it had been a normal pill there would be nothing to worry about, but due to it being an anabolic steriod there was a slight risk if baby was to be a boy, but luckily alana was a girl and it was fine.

if they have said not to worry then im sure its ok, i know its hard not to worry just try and enjoy your pregnancy

my fiances mum and her sister were both on birth control
my fiances mum took it right up until she found out she was preg with him for four months and her sister took it right up until about six months and both had healthy babies

try not to panic if they were worried im sure they would have told you

Don't worry at all!

I got pregnant with my first while ON the pill. So, I was on it for around a month while I was pregnant. My dr said not to worry, but I did a LOT of reading and research, and I basically found that if you were still taking the pill during your third trimester and you were having a boy, all the extra hormones could interfere with proper reproductive system development. Until then, you're all good!

Don't worry at all!

I got pregnant with my first while ON the pill. So, I was on it for around a month while I was pregnant. My dr said not to worry, but I did a LOT of reading and research, and I basically found that if you were still taking the pill during your third trimester and you were having a boy, all the extra hormones could interfere with proper reproductive system development. Until then, you're all good!

That's very interesting! Why does the pill do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->