Sooo scared!!!!

Exactly...and you aren't given a teenager (thank goodness!)..you get a cute little baby who will eventually become a teenager. I think birth rates would be so much lower if you gave birth to a teenager!! haha
You are given this little babe and then get to see him/her achieve all these new stages..it is so cool!

I am petrified too!! I had a moment when i got my BFP where i was physically shaking...
I'm scared of my body changing and not being able to be as active as I normally am... and i'm scared of paaaaaain!
But i'm super excited for the bit after (except money worries, but OH seems to think it'll be ok and he's normally the sensible one - i just spend spend spend on shoes and bags :rofl:).
Good to know i'm not alone!!! So lovely to meet you ladies :)
xxx

Hi Popples!! It's so lovely to be over here isn't it?? And thank you :) congrats to you too :) xx

I'm so pleased I found this post because thats exactly how I feel.

I AM excited but I sometimes feel like the fear WAY outbalances it, I haven't said anything to anyone because I thought they might think I'm terrible! x

I'm so pleased I found this post because thats exactly how I feel.

I AM excited but I sometimes feel like the fear WAY outbalances it, I haven't said anything to anyone because I thought they might think I'm terrible! x

You're definitely not alone, don't worry. We told my parents yesterday and they were so excited, I loved it. Of course I still had a wobble (and a cry) this morning but I slept well last night for the first time all week, which I think has helped. We're in this together :)

Im still taking a pregnancy every day and it comes back positive. I think Im going to have to accept that we are having a baby! I can't believe it! I want the 3 months to swoosh by and I wanna make sure this little baby is ok.
I am also freaking out a bit about money, and mostly I had plans to redecorate our apartment, but we are now talking about how we are going to change all the rooms to accomodate for our little baby. That's exciting too!

Im not too concerned about labour right now, like I said before, I know eithe way I'm gonna have to do it if I want that baby to make it :) Im just worried about making it through these first 2 months, my biggest worry: GETTING A DOCTOR IN QUEBEc....

It's reassuring to know lots of other ladies feel this way. This forum is fantastic, it really does help to share fears about things and just to know that we are not alone. I think the first couple of months are the hardest, when most people have no idea we are pregnant and we have no-one to talk to! So we just sit and cry to ourselves! Haha.
As for the finances, yes it will always be a stretch and a worry. But when my sister found out she was pregnant, she lost her job, which then resulted in her losing her home. So she had such a stressful time during her pregnancy. But it all worked out, now she has a nice home again, she is a full time mommy for now and her partner is in full time work. If she can do it with all she had to endure, then we will all be ok, I'm sure of it. The love of handbags and shoes will soon go out the window, you will much prefer to buy your little one a new little toy to help them learn. The look on my nieces face when she see's a new little thing to play with is priceless!
Though its important to remember that all little kids want is love, a warm home and food. They don't care how much money you have.

I have days where I'm so excited and then days when I'm just so full of fear. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has moments like this! Lol.

When I have a sad moment, I just think about having a little person who is half me and half my partner who I love dearly. And my heart glows.

We will all be ok ladies.

And I just think, thank god it's 2013 and medical advances have come such a long way... I don't think childbirth is the worrying thing it once was.
Still scary though ;) haha! xx

So in have a bad day today. Super emptional and scared again

Not sure i Even want to do this anymore :(

What was I thinking.

I'm sure this has A LOT to do with the lack of sleep the last 2 nights. Between dogs keepin me up and random hot flashes at night I've been up like every hour or two.

I'm sure this will pass again and I feel horrible again for even thinking that I don't want this anymore. I know it will all be worth it in the end.
Sadly I think I could handle a teenager better than a baby lol.

So messed up today and upset :(

So in have a bad day today. Super emptional and scared again

Not sure i Even want to do this anymore :(

What was I thinking.

I'm sure this has A LOT to do with the lack of sleep the last 2 nights. Between dogs keepin me up and random hot flashes at night I've been up like every hour or two.

I'm sure this will pass again and I feel horrible again for even thinking that I don't want this anymore. I know it will all be worth it in the end.
Sadly I think I could handle a teenager better than a baby lol.

So messed up today and upset :(

Hang in there! I was like that yesterday - I spent the whole day fighting tears at work and when I get home I bawled like a baby. Today has been better - only a couple of tears but hubby and I have spent almost the whole day lazing and napping so I haven't had to face the world. I feel worn out, physically and emotionally, but much safer at home. I don't feel too good this evening again and have no idea how I'll survive work on Monday but trying not to think about it for now. I'm seeing MW on Tues so am going to be really honest with her - hopefully she'll have some good advice. I've also been checking this thread obsessively! Keep posting xx

Ps: I think sleep makes a HUGE difference. Today is the best I've felt since our BFP and I got a proper night's sleep last night. I don't think it's a coincidence x

Hi poppies and all the other ladies! :D

I'm feeling a tad freaked out today if I'm honest... The thought of child birth is still playing on my mind... I wish I could just shrug it off and just enjoy my pregnancy!
I've also been experiencing the pulling and tugging around my belly button for the past 2 days... It's a very odd feeling.
I think I just need a day of rest, I've been quite busy the last couple of days.
How are you ladies getting on? x

I had a good afternoon yesterday, I was excited and felt more relaxed. Got into bed very early and had a really good sleep. Today, I'm panicking again. Sat waiting for the MW as we speak so hoping for some reassurance... X

AlwaysDreaming - the pulling and tugging feeling is so normal! Just the ligaments stretching and moving around!

Thank you! I was abit worried about it yesterday, I thought I might of pulled something! Haha.

Popples, is anything in particular worrying you or are you just freaking out like me?
I don't meet my midwife until the 10th of July so I've still got abit of a wait x

Does anyone else keep waking in the night feeling terrified?
I've done this for the last 3 or 4 nights, wake up heart pounding and absolutely scared witless then find it really hard to get back to sleep! :growlmad:

I've got the pulling aswell its not the nicest feeling in the world!

When are you all due by the way? Im due 2nd Feb 2014

xx

Thank you! I was abit worried about it yesterday, I thought I might of pulled something! Haha.

Popples, is anything in particular worrying you or are you just freaking out like me?
I don't meet my midwife until the 10th of July so I've still got abit of a wait x

Main worries are about how different my life will be and whether I'll like it or not. I've always wanted kids but they were an abstract concept until now!

That's how I feel! My oh doesn't get how I feel... He just says 'but I thought you wanted a baby'
Which of course I do, but then it was hypothetical, now it's scarily real. I still do want my baby of course! But the fear is taking over. To be honest, I can't think past the birth. I would give anything to have my baby in my arms right now... It's getting them here that I find terrifying!
Geordie_gal, I had that last night. I fell asleep at about half 9, woke up at 12 with the most anxious horrible feeling in my stomach. I asked my doctor about the palpitations I've been having, she said they may have to send me to a cardiologist... Turns out, I was causing it myself through panicking so much. I'm actually thinking about hypnotherapy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->