Sooo scared!!!!

And I'm due around 28th of January, although I'm still waiting for my scan for confirmation x

I find the whole thing terrifying.
Im beginning to really grate on my fella coz im convinced as I get bigger and more pregnant hes going to be repulsed by me. Im scared I wont be able to handle the birth and I'll turn into some screaming devil banshee woman and horrify everyone and I'm scared about what my life will be like after i've given birth. x

That's how I feel! My oh doesn't get how I feel... He just says 'but I thought you wanted a baby'
Which of course I do, but then it was hypothetical, now it's scarily real. I still do want my baby of course! But the fear is taking over. To be honest, I can't think past the birth. I would give anything to have my baby in my arms right now... It's getting them here that I find terrifying!
Geordie_gal, I had that last night. I fell asleep at about half 9, woke up at 12 with the most anxious horrible feeling in my stomach. I asked my doctor about the palpitations I've been having, she said they may have to send me to a cardiologist... Turns out, I was causing it myself through panicking so much. I'm actually thinking about hypnotherapy x

I've been having palpitations too. I've had them checked out in the past when I was stressed out so at least I recognised them this time x

Oh and my MW was nice but not much help. Think she thought I was being daft!

I'm in the same boat as you, I've messaged all my friends that have recently had babies "How bad does epidural hurt?", "How bad was labour?".

A lot of my friends said they barely even felt the epidural, I think this is, because at that point you won't care how much it hurts. Women have been doing this since beginning of time, we are very lucky to at least have options now and not have to birth in a cave, this is what gets me through the day. I have convinced myself I will take it day at a time. A few month's ago I decided to watch a birth on youtube BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER, DON'T DO IT. lol Also, my mother gave birth to me and my brother without any medication whatsoever and she weighted around 110lb so if she can do it, we can do it. I've also heard from her, that once the babys out, most of the pain is gone, she doesn't even remember what it felt like.

*So true!
I had an epidural but had a shot of fentanyl 30 min before. I didn't feel the epidural at all!! They put a big sticker on your back..not sure why..I think it maybe lines things up and shows them where to put the needle..the only thing I remember feeling was them ripping off the sticker..like taking off a big bandaid. I would have an epidural again in a heartbeat. I still knew when to push and I could still feel the pressure but it helped like crazy. It is a weird feeling, not being able to move your own legs!!

And no, you don't feel the pain after the baby is born...it is such a relief plus you are exhausted and excited (oh, and EXHAUSTED)! I remember drifting between sleep, smiling and just staring at my baby. So so SO worth it!!

Still having ups and downs about this all. Sometimes crying for no reason other than I'm scared of the unknown. Try explaining that to the husband who doesn't know what worry is lol.

Also very frustrated waiting for all my blood work to get back so I can get my appt with ob

Sometimes I get this fear that my blood work is going to come back and it will be , oh you aren't pregnant you have some strange disease lol.

And quitting smoking on top is making it all that much harder. I've cut back A LOT but still can't quite kick it totally. I want the on appt so I can talk to the dr there and hopefully get some help quitting.

This thread and board have been a big help to me in knowing I'm not alone so thank you all for sharing here.

See, now I'm feeling much more relaxed and thinking 'I can do this!!'
It's so weird, one minute I'm totally freaking out and then I'm fine and excited about it all... Silly, eh?! Lol.

My sister said to me yesterday, 'look, either way it has to come out, so there's no point in worrying yourself' haha, which is true.

Medic, how far along are you now? ...I must admit I haven't heard of a disease that mimics pregnancy symptoms (not that I'm an expert on these things) I think it's safe to say your doctor won't give you news like that! ;)
Do they have to do blood work before they refer you where you live?

Where I am (the uk), the doctor doesn't do anything, she just asked me if I'd took a pregnancy test and said a midwife would be in touch! x

Still having ups and downs about this all. Sometimes crying for no reason other than I'm scared of the unknown. Try explaining that to the husband who doesn't know what worry is lol.

Also very frustrated waiting for all my blood work to get back so I can get my appt with ob

Sometimes I get this fear that my blood work is going to come back and it will be , oh you aren't pregnant you have some strange disease lol.

And quitting smoking on top is making it all that much harder. I've cut back A LOT but still can't quite kick it totally. I want the on appt so I can talk to the dr there and hopefully get some help quitting.

This thread and board have been a big help to me in knowing I'm not alone so thank you all for sharing here.

I'm a shambles today too. Hubby has said lots of reassuring things which I can process on an intellectual level but my anxiety just won't listen :(

Alwaysdremin: I'm just over 6 weeks. Here they won't take me at the ob until my family dr refers me so I'm stuck in limbo on waiting for the blood work. I got impatient and called the lab and found out it was sent out yesterday Andy dr should have it thurs or fri.
The rational part of me knows that there is a very very unlikely chance of some disease mimicking pregnancy with 2 positive home tests. The anxiety ridden side of me says otherwise lol. I have a goo friend that is a medic here as well and I have told her and talked to her and she has been somewhat reassuring. Tellin me I can do this ect. Also she has a 10yr old and has also lost twins at birth previously so she has been a great help. And has offered me all the support I nee after the birth too

Popples1: I'm the same ... I have moments where I'm excited and then my anxiety kicks in and I panic. I reall want this referal to see if the dr there can maybe help me or find me someone who can. I'm also currently in counselling for trauma due to a very bad call I had I do at work and I've talked to her about this a little. She has 2 kids and was really good but this isn't her area of expertise. Unfortunately.
I still haven't told my mom or in laws yet. We wanted to wait until we got the blood work ect back.

I'm happy we have support and people who understand and are feeling te same way here. It helps a little.

@ medic9114fun : I'm also paranoid that once they do the bloodwork they'll tell me, well you're not really pregnant, you're just crazy!. at least you were lucky enough to get blood work. I had a really badfall, I didnt know I was pregnant, they didnt x-ray me, so I went back to doc after the fall and she's like " well if u did the test then you're preggo". F.U lady.
Anyways... going to my family doc on Tuesday to give her good news and to see if she refers me for bloodwork or if I will have to wait until july 25th , which is my first appointment with my OBGYN.. OMG!!!!!! im so excited, I wanna see my little passenger!

@ medic9114fun : I'm also paranoid that once they do the bloodwork they'll tell me, well you're not really pregnant, you're just crazy!. at least you were lucky enough to get blood work. I had a really badfall, I didnt know I was pregnant, they didnt x-ray me, so I went back to doc after the fall and she's like " well if u did the test then you're preggo". F.U lady.
Anyways... going to my family doc on Tuesday to give her good news and to see if she refers me for bloodwork or if I will have to wait until july 25th , which is my first appointment with my OBGYN.. OMG!!!!!! im so excited, I wanna see my little passenger!

I tried going straight to ob but they told me I had to get a referal from family dr :( hence the waiting game.

Lucky they didn't X-ray you!

How are we all feeling today?
I had an awful night last night, I don't remember waking up but my boyfriend reckons it was like sleeping next to the exorcist. haha x

Gordie_gal: I haven't been sleeping either. I'm up at least 3-4 times a night. It sucks cause I'm exhausted but still can't sleep! I have moments where I'm kind of excited about this and then all the worry and anxiety and sadness come back and I had no idea how I'm going to manage this for 9 months and after ...

Getting to sleep isn't a problem for me (I go for a nap the second I get home from work) but I have been waking up a lot. I'm slightly better today after a horrible day yesterday. We're going to tell MIL & FIL tonight, which I'm quite excited about. Still feeling worried and panicky but at least I'm not on the verge of tears today (just now, anyway)! I keep tying to psychoanalyse myself and work out why I feel like this. I'm also checking this thread SO often - love hearing from you ladies Xx

My fella is outraged by the fact I no longer want to get undressed infront of him although I am only 8 weeks and there is pretty much no change in how I look apart from my boobs are bigger. I cant help it I honestly feel the most unattractive I've ever felt in my life.. I tried for months and put lots of effort to get back into my size 12 jeans after 6 months of partying and takeaways (I was 14 or 16) The day I got back into them I found out I was pregnant, I had 4 days worth of wearing them now I'm too bloated and back into my size 14s.. Gutted isn't even the word. He thinks I'm mad, but I kind of feel angry with myself for getting preggers and 'ruining' my hard work lol x

I'm having the same bony image issues. I don't want to change in front of him and can't seem to bring myself to wear igniter shorts outside the house right now. The scale says I've put on 5 pounds since I got the positive. Freaks me out!
I know I'm goin to get bigger but already. Yikes.
I have 2 friends that are big into fitness so I know I can get them to kick my ass into shape after baby is born. Doesn't help that I feel like shit about myself right now. I don't look preg I just look pudgy and fat :(

Amen to that - I dont look pregnant I just look fat.
I'm getting married on the 31st March and baby is due 2nd Feb - SO MUCH PRESSURE to be slim for my wedding coz I'll be devastated if I look fat in my photos. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick. Im so pleased other people think the same way as me! x

I'm sure you can buckle down again after baby and get into shape for your wedding. May not be exactly as you want but I'm sure once you have the little one there and start gettin ready you'll be stunning. I got married last feb and my dress sucked in all the areas I did get down to where I wanted I would have loved to be 30 pounds lighter but te dress made me look slimmer.

I ride and compete with my horses and I have already given up this year of showing now but hubby has said he will make sure I can show next year :) hopefully he sticks to that.
I worried about dropping the weight to get back to that and into my show clothes.

Maybe if you have a good friend that's into fitness and healthy eating ect you can get some support and assistance in gettin back in shape :)

Hi ladies!
Feeling abit better today, yesterday I felt rough.
I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was chuck up :(
I'm abit worried that my boobs don't feel as sore today as they have been... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"