Sooo, should I get rid of the cat & stop wearing heels??

kits

Reaction score
Does anyone believe this or possibly have any traditions of 'Do's & Don'ts' outside of the nutrition/health areas. :huh:

My mom has been pestering me to stop wearing heels (due to any posture issues they can create to womb) and telling me that my cat is a bad idea! She really & truly thinks I shouldn't wear any high heels at all. :dohh:

She especially doesn't want me to get another one like my OH & have been considering. I stay away from the cat litter (it has strictly become OH's chore, bless him!) and he's strictly an indoor cat so generally speaking stays away from vermin even though I catch him chasing the odd spider every now & then (ewwww!). I find myself asking the cat if he knows something I don't know & whether I should replace him. :haha: Crazy, I know because I do love him! But what if maybe I really should...

Are there any superstitions that anyone else follows or does anyone else agree with my mom?

I come from a latin background where some of the people take some of these superstitions and old wives tales very seriously.

I know lots of people who have conceived and they have pet cats. Although yes stay away from the litter. Cat feces gives off a chemical that can cause miscarriage in humans

I know lots of people who have conceived and they have pet cats. Although yes stay away from the litter. Cat feces gives off a chemical that can cause miscarriage in humans

Toxoplasmosis is actually a parasite that lives in SOME cats.

If your cat has had toxoplasmosis, you may have already come into contact with it, which is actually okay. The problem lies in if you initially come into contact with it for the first time when you are pregnant. I have had my cat for 7 years and she is an indoor cat (never been outside) so I still clean her cat box and just make sure to wash my hands very well afterward.

So no, don't get rid of your cat and wearing heels is fine...it has no effect on your uterus.

If your cat is an indoor cat, it is highly unlikely that it has toxoplasmosis. You're more likely to contract it from undercooked meat than you are from your cat https://www.reddoorshelter.org/pregnancy_and_cats.html

As for the heels, I'm pretty sure they won't affect your uterus, but I am sure that they would get quite uncomfortable during pregnancy lol

Thank you ladies.. I know my mom is only looking out for me & she knows we really want a baby, but bless her she is a little cuckoo!

It's the heels she persists on the most every time and I don't even wear crazy high heels!

Good luck to all who are trying!
:hugs:

I was tested for toxoplasmosis after my 3rd miscarriage (among other things). I was positive for the antibody but negative for the antigen (meaning I had been exposed to it in the past but wasn't currently infected). I went on to have a very healthy pregnancy even with my cat....

Wash your hands well after changing cat litter, and use gloves :)
with regards to the high heels, they say they are not recommended incase you fall x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->