Sooooooo Sleepy.cant fight it

Tigger Momma

Reaction score
I work 12 hour shifts overnight. I'm sooooo sleepy I cant cope. Im in the military so I have no choice. Ive been working my same wacky schedule for 6 years now, but I just cant seem to get enough sleep, what can I do????????? the 12 hour overnight shift has me about to pass out, what to do?????:wacko:

Aww sweetie, i'm not sure aside from sleep....If it's any consolation most women I talk to said the tiredness goes away in the second tri, and you seem to get a "second wind".

Are you really supposed to be able to function on more than an 8 hour day with this type of energy? My bed is SOoooo calling my name. NEone else this tired?

I'd say tell your boss as it's not the same to be asked to do these shifts in a normal state than pg... I'm sure you're entitled to a better shift... Good luck!!!

Hope you can tell your boss so you can get better shifts!! I understand your need for sleep!! :hugs:

I can't stay awake for long either. Christmas night I flaked at 9pm. Latest I've stayed awake is 10pm and I am averaging 11hrs a night!!!

Hopefully you can snare some better shifts!

I was like you, I went from 7-8 hours sleep a night to 12-14 plus a nap most days and still exhausted!! Thankfully it has passed for me now and although I'm still way more tired than usual, that intial unbearable exhaustion has passed.

Just sleep as much as you can and avoid doing ANYTHING else!!xx

I am so like this. I have never felt so tired. Was in bed a 9 last night and couldn't drag myself outta bed til 1pm this afternoon! I feel like I could just sleep forever!

I heard that in the 2nd trimester you get more energy so here's hoping!! lol

Hi Tigger Momma

I work in policing and do the same (7pm-7am), I'm not in the military so I don't know how it works, but have you advised your superior? I was able to get mine adjusted until 2am at the latest. Most women here don't work past midnight in their late 2nd/3rd trimester. I told my boss at 4 weeks - I know a lot of women want to wait until 2nd tri, but for girls like us that work overnight, some adjustments really need to be made. It's difficult enough without the hormones raging.

Until then, all I can advise is maybe adjusting caffeine to the worst down times (maybe at the start of shift, and another usually 3am for most) and hoping for the best! Good luck!

The sleepiness WILL pass once you get out of 2nd tri, until then, you could sleep 20 hours and still be exhausted.

im nearly in 2nd tri (13+2 ) but i am still knackered, cant wait to get my energy back!

im nearly in 2nd tri (13+2 ) but i am still knackered, cant wait to get my energy back!

Me too. I was in bed at 8pm the other night...and slept until 8am! I cannot manage past 9pm at all and cant wait for this to pass..:sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->