sore back

jelly_bean

mother of 3
Reaction score
hi there..this is my third baby and never had pain like this with my other two....my lower back feels like its breaking, i can hardly walk and so on.Has any one out there know of some way to sooth this a little?

i've been to my doctor and she said i have to live with it, has theres nothing she can do while pregnant.

please help :cry:

jelly_bean

Hiya, I suffer with my back anyway as i have a curved spine but it is agony now i'm pregnant, i have days when i can't believe how bad it is. I also have SPD which is equally painfull. I'm quite lucky as my doctor has been fantastic and had me at physio and on co codamol (i stopped taking these when i got my BFP but he put me straight back on them as they have no proven risks for baby and pros for me outweigh the slight ones anyway, although i do try to avoid taking them where possible) from quite early on. My friend who is due 5 weeks before me however had to really fight to be taken seriously by her doctor and mw and has only just been diagnosed with SPD and given painkillers etc.

Nothing takes the pain away but some things help, just the usual hot water bottles, paracetamol if thats all you can take, warm baths (although its difficult getting in and out of them) and rest where possible. If i were you i'd mention to mw or go back to dr, there are ways they can help you and its not fair to leave you in this amount of pain sweetie. I really hope you find something to make you feel better soon x x x

Stand against a wall and try to get your back as flat against it as possible. Notice how you tilt your pelvis to make the curve of your back touch the wall? Try and do that when walking and tighten your upper abdominal muscles and pull up your pelvic floor muscles. Takes practice to get it right but what your doing is moving the weight from your bump into your pelvis and down your legs rather than on your back. It does help.

Ask to see a physio as soon as possible.

i have this too

:hugs:

and its number 3 too

but I have other med probs so mines could b something to do with my other probs... I see the midwife on the 13th :) so I will speak to her then

hi....thanks for the replys ive got my doctor again today see what they say....i was on the co codamol but had to stop taking after the first one as they made me go all funny.

ive tried loads of stuff hot baths,the hot lavenda thing on my back but only lasts for 5mins then comes back.ive tried the standing flat against a wall but this seems to make it worse.

all i can say is.....i suppose it comes with being pregnant,i keep looking to the outcome when our baby boy comes out hoping that all that back pain will go away.

jelly_bean

your not the only 1. i have a bad back normally and this baby (3) is laying back to back and driving me mad! not only do i have the pain of where he is but also my main back problem. long hot baths mw told me, but i go dizzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->