Sore Belly...how normal is this?

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Very recently, I've felt like my belly's achy. Especially on the underside & around the sides....feels like my uterus is stretching out SO much...maybe even a little v.mild crampy?...it's freaking me out a little...want to be sure it's not early labor signs.
But man some days my tummy's just so sore & sleeping is uncomfortable.
I'll be seeing m OB this week & will mention it - but wondering how common is this?

Thanks!

I think its pretty common.. I'm right there you. Very uncomfortable and achy some mild cramps A LOT of bh and really heavy bump. I'm also 28 weeks and feel that my uterus /belly is going to explode it gets so tight some times! I think its just growing pains/stretching as baby and uterus expand but I'll ask my OB at my appt next week as well. GL!

I think its pretty common.. I'm right there you. Very uncomfortable and achy some mild cramps A LOT of bh and really heavy bump. I'm also 28 weeks and feel that my uterus /belly is going to explode it gets so tight some times! I think its just growing pains/stretching as baby and uterus expand but I'll ask my OB at my appt next week as well. GL!

Thanks for responding! My symptoms line up with yours. I have BH too. Not often mind you. They actually happen less now than it used to in my second trimester.
I've done some reading that stomach pains are normal. It's just like, what constitutes early labor signs and that I should be concerned? Other than severe pain, bleeding...the obvious you know??

Yes very normal. I asked my OB and she said it is just muscle stretching

My OB today wasn't concerned. She said she may be more concerned if I was 30 plus week. Meaning, I should go in for a check.
She requisitioned a urine analysis to rule out UTI.

I just asked my ob about this today as I've been experiencing it the last few days, he said that when it happens it means I'm overdoing it and to take it easy. And if it gets stronger, longer, faster, that's when to go get checked out

I've been taking it easy so not overdoing it. Thankfully it went away by the following day!
She agreed with me it's likely gastrointestinal pains. Whew...hope it doesn't happen again.

Yep.. sounds normal to me. I spend the day out yesterday, walking around alot. Today I am soooooo sore my belly is so sore, mostly down near my hips and kinda feels like cramping when i'm moving around. It hurts to sleep, it hurts to sit for long periods of time. My friend is a midwife and I keep asking her about it and she says its normal. So don't worry. Change your pillows and the way you sleep at night. And try not to roll over to much during the night. Heat packs and showers have been helping me alot. Good luck.

jadza, sounds similar to my aches & pains. Good to know I'm not alone & seems normal. My OB too said it's normal. I went into labor with my first pregnancy at 32 weeks & that's why she's more concerned about aches & pains than if I never had this type of history.

Sounds totally normal to me. I get all sorts of aches and pains, especially after a busy day.

I'm struggling with this too! A friend of mine suggested getting a belly support band to help hold up the bottom of the bump but I tried it & didn't like it.. it pulled on my lower back in a funny that only aggravated my sciatica. So it was a lose-lose for me, but maybe that's something you could try? :hugs:

EDITED TO ADD: I do love the maternity spanx, though. They really seem to help "hold everything in place" if you know what I mean.

I also have a sore spot on my belly.. so if she sticks foot in this one spot, it hurts sooooooo much. Midwife thinks its just a bruised spot from her constantly kicking at it >< would really like to be closer to 40 weeks right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->