Sore knees & feet from crawling - what can I do?

Hope22

Mom of 1 beautiful boy
Reaction score
Now that my little man is crawling around the house all day we've got a problem - no matter what we do, his knees & feet are getting redder and rawer by the day. We've tried vaseline, skin moisturizing cream, even diaper rash creams, anything to soften and moisturize the dry, rough skin and ease his discomfort.

I usually dress him in pants and socks, but sometimes he's in his PJs or a sleeper during the day. Either way, his feet are covered but the skin on top is starting to scab over and looks quite sore. His knees are in better shape, they're quite red and the skin is dry, but it's not broken. He has VERY sensitive skin - even his diaper has caused raw areas at the tops of his thighs that look like scratches, but those seem to stay under control as long as we keep the skin soft and protected with vaseline.

Our apartment has carpet throughout, except for the kitchen and bathroom, so he's on a soft(ish) surface 99% of the time (he's rarely in the kitchen or bathroom as they're not as baby proof as the rest of the house). The living room has wall-to-wall carpet but we've also got a pretty thick area rug on top, and that's where he does a lot of his playing and crawling; the floor there is squishy soft, but it's still hurting his skin.

My hubby says if we get him crawling knee pads it might help, but more likely it would irritate him and besides, it wouldn't fix the issue with the tops of his feet. He has a point - Darwin hates the car seat belt, his high chair, the stroller, his Bumbo, socks, shoes, blankets, or anything else confining. He's constantly trying to get out of seats, take his clothes off, he'll even take his diaper off if he can get to it. He'd probably either take off his knee pads or scream until we took them off, so we're not even sure if it's worth trying to find some.

Does anyone else's kiddo have this problem, and if so did you find a solution?

how about those big blister plasters you can get? could put them on him over his sore bits when he's active and leave them off at other times to get air to the parts...? :shrug:

a cream with lanolin or hemp in is super moisturising, though test it first as you're saying he has sensitive skin

:)

crawling socks https://www.babyblossom.biz/images/socks12_0.jpg

I was going to post as above..baby legs are brill for this.

https://www.babylegs.com/

you can get cheaper options on ebay too hun:thumbup:

I was going to suggest babylegs too! Hope you find something soon x

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies, I'll try those! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->