Sore Tongue?! Geographic Tongue in pregnancy?

jamiedevlin

Reaction score
at about 17weeks I noticed my tongue burning after eating an ice lolly, so I looked at it in the mirror. It looked very sore and patches that looked like burn marks. I put it down to hormones and didn't think anymore of it. I'm now 27weeks and the problem is still there. Very sore looking tongue, random red/patchy circles all over my tongue. I also get a burning in my throat.
I've looked it up and it could be something called Geographic tongue but I went to my GP and they said they were not sure which has now worried me that it could be something worse :/ I've only seen one website that says this condition can be a part of pregnancy, so I wanted to know if anyone else has suffered from something like this during pregnancy? and if so does it go after you have given birth. #reallyworried

Not In pregnancy but my oldest and youngest children both have a geographic tongue. I was always under the impression theyd always have it (my eldest is 17 and had it since birth)
I dont think the sore throat is related, however, with my children the lines/circles on the tongue are much more noticeable when poorly which makes me wonder if you have sone type of viral infection and have only just noticed the tongue because if that (or it has just started due to viral Infection?)

Thank you! Do you happen to have any photos of your children's tongues at all?

I can take some if you bear with me. Littlest night not let me!

I don’t have a clue what geographic tongue is, but a sore tongue can be a sign of iron deficiency. Do you have low iron?

My cousin and I both had it with our pregnancies. I have never known anyone else to have it. It is painful, but both of our doctors gave us magic mouthwash for it. It was awful. I just started using biotine instead. It helped with mine.

My cousin and I both had it with our pregnancies. I have never known anyone else to have it. It is painful, but both of our doctors gave us magic mouthwash for it. It was awful. I just started using biotine instead. It helped with mine.

Can I ask a few questions please, as I'm getting really stressed about mine :(
1)Did yours only appear for the first time during pregnancy?
2)What stage of pregnancy did you notice it?
3)Did it go away after giving birth?
4)Do you happen to have any photos?

I don’t have any pictures, I am sorry!
With my First it started at about 12 weeks. With my second it started around 20 weeks. Hers was early second trimester with the first one, and late second with her second. Neither of us had it prior to or after pregnancy. Good luck, I hope you get some relief. I craved salty and spicy, both of which were difficult with tongue issues!��

I don’t have any pictures, I am sorry!
With my First it started at about 12 weeks. With my second it started around 20 weeks. Hers was early second trimester with the first one, and late second with her second. Neither of us had it prior to or after pregnancy. Good luck, I hope you get some relief. I craved salty and spicy, both of which were difficult with tongue issues!��

I have sent you a private message as I think you maybe able to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->