sorry if this is tmi..but I need advice

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I have been posting a lot on here curious about experiences because I have never gone through this before. I had a mmc and took misoprostol on may 8th. I had heavy cramping and heavy bleeding that started about 4 hours after I took it and lasted pretty much all night and then the cramping stopped and the bleeding lightened up to a normal period flow. During that time I passed blood clots, but nothing big at all. I was thinking maybe since I wasn't that far along (5-6 weeks) and they didn't see much in the ultrasound, maybe I wouldn't even know when I passed the sac and since my cramping and bleeding lightened up, I figured I had. Well this morning, May 13th, 5 days later, I was getting ready for work and started to cramp really bad again like I had to have a bowel movement. I sat down on the toilet and passed a blood clot about the size of a baseball. It was very dark and looked black and just looked like a ball of tissue. I then started cramping again and passed another one about the size of a golfball. I am now feeling crampy again, but nothing severe, just like a period. Is this normal? I have heard that some ladies don't pass everything until later? Maybe now my bleeding will even subside more? Or is this something that I should be concerned about?

I have been posting a lot on here curious about experiences because I have never gone through this before. I had a mmc and took misoprostol on may 8th. I had heavy cramping and heavy bleeding that started about 4 hours after I took it and lasted pretty much all night and then the cramping stopped and the bleeding lightened up to a normal period flow. During that time I passed blood clots, but nothing big at all. I was thinking maybe since I wasn't that far along (5-6 weeks) and they didn't see much in the ultrasound, maybe I wouldn't even know when I passed the sac and since my cramping and bleeding lightened up, I figured I had. Well this morning, May 13th, 5 days later, I was getting ready for work and started to cramp really bad again like I had to have a bowel movement. I sat down on the toilet and passed a blood clot about the size of a baseball. It was very dark and looked black and just looked like a ball of tissue. I then started cramping again and passed another one about the size of a golfball. I am now feeling crampy again, but nothing severe, just like a period. Is this normal? I have heard that some ladies don't pass everything until later? Maybe now my bleeding will even subside more? Or is this something that I should be concerned about?

:hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a mmc at 9 weeks and I thought the mc would be pretty straightforward boy was I wrong. I had everything you describe and yes the bloodclots were exactly as you describe and also like lumps of liver (sorry tmi!). I feel for you hun. Its such an awful thing to go through and made worse cos no-one tells you what to expect!! I was actually at work and completely mortified when I got the full on cramps cos i had blood running down my leg -- hideous!! The cramping is actually a good thing as it is your uterus contracting and expelling the end of the pregnancy (sorry babes). Your body is working to empty everything (lining that has built up. etc) and once it has done so then you should bleed for a while. I think I bled for about 2 weeks but everyone is different. AFter I got the massive balls, etc I went to the hospital and they gave me a tablet just to make sure everything was emptied out. Maybe just ring the hospital if you want to doublecheck as it is important to make sure the womb is empty and no fragments remain -- :hugs::nope: take care hun and plenty of rest now to get your health back xxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for reassuring me! I'm sorry for your loss also! When I got the misoprostol, I was told most will pass everything within 24 hours. I was getting worried when I hadn't passed any large clots and only little tiny ones and I was getting worried about having a d&c if nothing passed. Now 5 days later after passing three large clots this morning I'm hoping that was it and things will start to slow down..I finished getting ready and the cramps are gone now completely after that episode. So it's completely normal to pass the sac (if that's what it was) 5 days later right?? I'm just so ready to be done with this and move on from it:( oh and trust me! The same blood down the leg incident happened to me at work too! How embarrassing! If it continues I will call my dr, but I'm really hoping that was it!

Sorry for your loss. I also took misoprostol last year and it definitely wasn't a pleasant experience. My doctor followed up with a bedside ultrasound after my bleeding was finished to make sure all the contents were expelled. She said that sometime bits are left behind and unfortunately, those women then have to go for a d/c. Otherwise you run the risk of infection. So I would follow up with your doctor if you're concerned! :hugs:

I'm not really concerned anymore as I passed huge clots.. I was worried that I wasn't and I was worried about how many days after the misoprostol it was but they said that could happen and some ladies don't pass it until a week later. It was a large black blob and just looked like tissue.

My bleeding leading up to that moment also was different.. It was like very strong and like stretchy almost??

My bleeding leading up to that moment also was different.. It was like very strong and like stretchy almost??

The reason it was 5 days later might just be it took your body that time to start to expel everything!? I reckon you are prob ok now hun (physically) as it sounds like it did all come out but you might want to ring your early pregnancy unit just to check to be on the safe side - obviously up to you. If it has all passed hun you should just expect the bleeding to get lesser over next 7 - 10 days or so - hope this helps xx if you carry on bleeding longer than couple of weeks or it gets heavy again I would defo get it checked out!:hugs:

Today now after passing those huge clots I have been bleeding like crazy! Bled through my pad at work and all over my jeans and down my leg!!! I'm so done with this :(

Today now after passing those huge clots I have been bleeding like crazy! Bled through my pad at work and all over my jeans and down my leg!!! I'm so done with this :(

It's a necessary evil hun! You just have to get through it physically babe by lots of tlc. I know it can be hard though mentally, as you just want to move on! Just take the time to absorb what's happened and deal with it and then you will be ready to move on physically and mentally babe :hugs:

I think once the heavy bleeding stops, it will be easier to move on. I called the doctor and they want me to come in on the 28th (two weeks after I passed those large clots), to make sure that everything has passed. I am nervous about this. I really don't want to have a D & C, but I'm staying positive:hugs:

At least they are checking up on you hun! You don't want something left there that gets infected babe x

No way! I do not want anything at all to prolong this horrible process:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->