Sorry, its another kick question.....

Sealgirl

Reaction score
I'm so down, and I think I just want someone to tell me everything is ok.

Without going into too much detail, I've lost babies before, this baby is so desperately wanted and everything has just gone so well. THe complete opposite to my other pregnancies....

but why am i questioning everything? I'm still feeling kicks, but I'm sitting here going off my head with an actual kick record chart, recording every single kick I get. The last few days, they've just not been the same. Everything goes quiet for a few hours during the day. so I guess my first question is, is this normal?

Busy times are mid morining, early evening and around 9pm - 11pm and usually some points during the night. But I'm not getting the big stomach moving kicks of late, just little hedge nudges in the cervix, ouch and gentle (possibly hand) kicks, reminicent of the early days when the kicks first started.

Does this happen to you other ladies? Does it matter if they are not as hard, as long as you feel them regularly?

Oh I'm so worried, I just feel like I've made it this far, please don't let anything go wrong now.:cry:

Thanks ladies, from a blue seal xx

My LO can go hours without much movement at all. Today for example felt him a little bit this morning and odd time this afternoon but not much really. It worries my all the time and then tomorrow it could be different and he might be really active. If your LO movement changes and your worried get checked out it will put your mind at ease. They do have really quiet periods though. :hugs:

This is it isn't it? A start of a lifetime of worry:nope:

The weirdest thing is I was in hospital recently and I hated it, but now that I'm out I'm missing getting 5 times a day checks and the constant reassurance that everything was ok.

I'm torturing myself and it could be a long 12 weeks if this goes on.

I'm seeing a consultant on Tuesday because I've convinced myself I'm itching abnormally too, so I'll mention that the kicks have changed.

I hope I'm just being a freak! :haha:
xx

my lo can also go long periods without me feeling him

he is most active when i first get up, around lunchtime, in the evening, and during the night. in between these times he is pretty quiet (i suppose he is just sleeping)

also since my LO has turned from breech to head down the movements feel different (slightly less) and i believe as they get bigger the movements become more like "rolling around" instead of sharp kicks (this is what my doc told me anyway)

maybe your LO has just changed positions or is running out of big kicking room?

They do go quiet when they are having a growth spurt as well, conserving energy to pack on those lbs. Mine was quiet for a few days went in to get checked out and he had gained a full pound or what the estimate any way. Today though he hasn't stopped moving from the moment I woke up.

This is it isn't it? A start of a lifetime of worry:nope:

The weirdest thing is I was in hospital recently and I hated it, but now that I'm out I'm missing getting 5 times a day checks and the constant reassurance that everything was ok.

I'm torturing myself and it could be a long 12 weeks if this goes on.

I'm seeing a consultant on Tuesday because I've convinced myself I'm itching abnormally too, so I'll mention that the kicks have changed.

I hope I'm just being a freak! :haha:
xx

It is natural to worry and I worry most about movements. Yeap a lifetime of worry - I think its going to get worse once they are hear and watching every little thing. What about getting a baby monitor to check heartbeat, I haven't got one but some ladies find them useful, then you can check when you are worried about your LO. :hugs:

ha ha, this is why I'm crazy, I already have a heartbeat monitor and I listened in today to make sure everything was ok, and I heard her moving around in there too. I just haven't felt it so much.

Normally that would put my mind at ease, but a midwife posted on someone else's thread last night that listening to the heartbeat is not enough to ensure baby is ok in there and monitoring kicks is the best way to monitor baby. Its great to get all this knowledge, but sometimes it just leads to more anxiety too! x

Aww haha. I don't have a heartbeat monitor as I thought it would worry me more, I would end up not being able to find heartbeat or it would be too fast, too slow etc... Hopefully when we are holding our LO safe and sound we can start to relax a bit. :)

Aww haha. I don't have a heartbeat monitor as I thought it would worry me more, I would end up not being able to find heartbeat or it would be too fast, too slow etc... Hopefully when we are holding our LO safe and sound we can start to relax a bit. :)

Ah so true! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->