sorry to intrude but i hope this brings a little hope.

upsy daisy1

Reaction score
hey everyone.im not from this section but i just wanted to give all you premie mummies some hope.i hope this story helps and gives you the strength to get through and know that your little ones are going to be fine.

my sisters little boy was born 9 weeks early.they tried to stop her labour but he was determined to enter the world.when he was born he weighed only a few pounds and couldnt breathe to well on hes own.he was taken to neonatal and put on drips medication and also ahd the oxygen mask.when i first saw him i couldnt believe how small and perfect he was.i was 36 weeks oregnant at the time and my sister was due after me.but instead my lo ended up with a little big cousin!!

everyday i went to the hospital to check how he was doing with my sister and her oh.somedays he seemed to improve but others he took a few steps back.doctors ony seemed to tell her the negative and the worst things that could happen at ech stage.within a few days he had dropped alot of weight nut as the days went by he slowly slowly started to improve over all.after a few weeks he could come out the incubator for a few mins but as her temoerature kept dropping he couldnt stay out long.even at this age he was a little cheeky monster and kept pulling the canular out of her hand and the feeding tube out of her mouth so they kept having to re do them.:dohh: as the weeks went by he strted to get stronger and eventually could breathe on her own for a few hours and slowly built uo till he didnt need oxygen any more.one day when we went to visit we couldnt find hes incubator,i was so scared.only to find out he had been moved into a heated cot as he was doing so well!!!! he was a little fighter.but after a few weeks he got an infection in hes bones and couldnt move one side of hes body.so he went back a few steps and needed alot of medication and 2 blood transfusions. he finally came home around hes due date with alot of medication.but each week the medication got less.now he is nearly 6 months ols and weighs iver 12 pounds.my sister was even told he was gaining too fast!!! although they seem small and delicate these premies are stronger than you think. and even though it seems never ending and you feel like they will never come home, you have to keep strong and positive because the day will come when you will bring them home.but at least they are in the best place, getting the best6 care possible.i hope this brings you a little hope that your little darlings will slowly but surely get stronger everyday and will soon be home qith you. wishing you all the best of luck.
some pics of my strong little nephew
D'angelo Rome xxx:cloud9:

071 - Copy.jpg soon after birth

102 - Copy.jpgbreathing on her own

139 - Copy.jpg heated cot and no oxygen

256 - Copy.jpg out for a cuddle with mummy

Picture 014 - Copy.jpg the other day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics