soy isoflavones vs clomid

the same wih me neuros, first one! let's hope it comes soon.

:dust: baby dust for us!

Can anyone tell me/recommend which soy iso you bought and where from in the UK? I'm cd3 tomorrow and am thinking of hotfooting it somewhere in the morning to get some so I can try this cyce,, but I've just checked holland and barrett website and it looks like the tablets are 750mg - is that right?? Any quick advice much appreciated!

Can anyone tell me/recommend which soy iso you bought and where from in the UK? I'm cd3 tomorrow and am thinking of hotfooting it somewhere in the morning to get some so I can try this cyce,, but I've just checked holland and barrett website and it looks like the tablets are 750mg - is that right?? Any quick advice much appreciated!

my next cycle im going to be getting my soy iso from tescos, they are 40mg and going to take 3-4 tablets on CD3-7

ive asked about this before and a few ladies said its fine to use them, and there alot cheaper than holland and barrett x

Thanks leasap I'll try tesco then sounds like a plan. Good luck, from your ticker you might not need to buy any next month :happydance:

Thanks leasap I'll try tesco then sounds like a plan. Good luck, from your ticker you might not need to buy any next month :happydance:

I wish, im not that lucky :( FXd tho u never know.... xxx

Oh and I had crazy cycles before soy. so it doesn't matter how long they are before you take it. If it doesn't work, try taking more (up to 120mg) the following cycle on later days (cd 5-9 will give you a stronger ovulation.)

What if you don't know your cycle? How do you know when to take it?
- I had a period 9-2010, 11-2010, 2-2011, and nothing since! :dohh:

oh, if he didn't mention the you may not have it.

150mg of clomid is quite a lot, no? clomid doesn't work with everyone, i tried it for several months and didn't work on me.
I haven't tried soya yet but it works with a lot of people..I use chinese herbs to O, the only thing that worked on me!

What kind of Chinese herbs? :)

i am trying to figue out what the go is with the Soy... i understand that you need to take double soy to line up against clomid so 100mg soy is 50mg clomid? however how do i know what soy tablets to get? i have posted two below but am unsure as to which ones to get? can someone plese help me out here before i order them as im in australia and we cant buy them over here =(

Natures Way Soy Isoflavones- Standardized
Supplement Facts
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Red Clover (blossom) 140 mg **
Non-GMO Soy Isoflavone dried extract (bean) 40% Isoflavones 100 mg **
** Daily Value not established.

OR THESE ONES.....

Natrol, Soy Isoflavones, 60 Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 5 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 12
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Isoflavones (from Soy Extract) 50 mg *
Genistin & Genistein 20 mg *
Daidzin & Daidzein 17.5 mg *
Glycitin & Glycitein 6.25 mg *
Other Isoflavones 6.25 mg *
*Daily Value (DV) not established.

Any help and advice would be great on this thankyou so much

can i take soy at the same time as clomid, does anyone know?

i am trying to figue out what the go is with the Soy... i understand that you need to take double soy to line up against clomid so 100mg soy is 50mg clomid? however how do i know what soy tablets to get? i have posted two below but am unsure as to which ones to get? can someone plese help me out here before i order them as im in australia and we cant buy them over here =(

Supplement Facts
Supplement Facts

OR THESE ONES.....

Supplement Facts
Amount Per Serving %DV

Hi, mine also came from Australia, currently living in NZ and there is like one herb store in the whole region that orders this thing from OZ. Makes me so envious of peeps in US that could just get SI from Walmart. Plus, I have to be seen by a GP and a herbalist just to get this stuff at $60 :wacko:

So, I think the one I got is similar to Natrol, Soy Isoflavones except that mine doesn't contain the Other Isoflavones. But it has Calcium and Vit D3 - I think this is prescribed to ease menopausal symptoms.

Anyway, I'm taking mine from CD5-9 at 100, 100, 100, 150, 150 dosage. I want to up the dosage a bit more but I'm worried about ODing on the other nutrients. :coffee:

Lian thanks, not sure if this helps you but I use a website called iherb to get all my vitamins from they only charge between $4-$12 shipping $12 shipping gets you tracing & within 5 days from the us going with dhl, I've been using them fir about 6 months now they're great, my soy tablets only cost me $6 a bottle :) just a lil thought might help you out? :)

Supplement Facts
Supplement Facts

OR THESE ONES.....

Supplement Facts
Amount Per Serving %DV

Hi, mine also came from Australia, currently living in NZ and there is like one herb store in the whole region that orders this thing from OZ. Makes me so envious of peeps in US that could just get SI from Walmart. Plus, I have to be seen by a GP and a herbalist just to get this stuff at $60 :wacko:

So, I think the one I got is similar to Natrol, Soy Isoflavones except that mine doesn't contain the Other Isoflavones. But it has Calcium and Vit D3 - I think this is prescribed to ease menopausal symptoms.

Anyway, I'm taking mine from CD5-9 at 100, 100, 100, 150, 150 dosage. I want to up the dosage a bit more but I'm worried about ODing on the other nutrients. :coffee:

i had issues with imbalance and i tried soya and it worked.its true its a natural clomid

I bought some soy iso today, I'm on CD60 (I have PCOS) and hoping that they'll bring on AF, then go from there. Got my fingers tightly crossed!

My doctor has been fighting to give me anything and we have been trying for 2 years now I haven't had a period since 08 unless I am on Birth Control but last September I had periods start and then my last one was Jan of this year and didn't have on in Feb come to find out in March I was bleeding so heavily and big clots and I was having a miscarriage. Since then I haven't had a period and then 3 weeks ago I had a couple spots of blood but, that was it I haven't taken a HPT yet because I don't want to be disappointed again so I am going to take a test later but, if I'm not and I try this can I do it even though I haven't had a cycle since March? or do I need to have a cycle to do these Soy Isoflavones???

My doctor has been fighting to give me anything and we have been trying for 2 years now I haven't had a period since 08 unless I am on Birth Control but last September I had periods start and then my last one was Jan of this year and didn't have on in Feb come to find out in March I was bleeding so heavily and big clots and I was having a miscarriage. Since then I haven't had a period and then 3 weeks ago I had a couple spots of blood but, that was it I haven't taken a HPT yet because I don't want to be disappointed again so I am going to take a test later but, if I'm not and I try this can I do it even though I haven't had a cycle since March? or do I need to have a cycle to do these Soy Isoflavones???

I'm not a doctor or anything so this is what I have picked up from others on here. The lining of your womb may not be the right thickness to support implantation if you havent had AF in a while, so your GP should be able to give you medicine to bring on AF and then you could try taking Soy, but obviously you should ask your doc to do a beta blood test to completely rule out not being pregnant befor eyou try anything xxx

I'm not a doctor or anything so this is what I have picked up from others on here. The lining of your womb may not be the right thickness to support implantation if you havent had AF in a while, so your GP should be able to give you medicine to bring on AF and then you could try taking Soy, but obviously you should ask your doc to do a beta blood test to completely rule out not being pregnant befor eyou try anything xxx
She checked the lining and Doctor told me it look good they even did an unltrasound this was back in March so things may have changed! But, then end of May she did a pap and said my cervix and everything looked great she also did blood work and everything came back normal she checked my lvls on everything and told me just to try losing some weight and I am trying really hard and have lost 10 pounds and she told me my weight could be the issue and yes I am overweight I am 260 which I was when I got preggers with my son and before my boy I had clock work 28 day cycles and that was before I started Birth Control and then got preggers with my son while on Birth Control so I have no idea I just think I need a new doctor. I do have 3 months supply of Birth Control but, the doctor I changed to told me not to take them because I would end up back to same thing all over again. I just don't understand doctors sometimes

MY doctor when she sent me for an ultrasound they also checked all body parts and organs and ovaries and EVERYTHING is Healthy I just wish there was some other options of trying to figure things out I thought it was suppose to be easier after having your first ?

Regarding womb lining though, I've read that the thickness and age of the lining is most important, if you havent had a proper af to shed the old lining and let a newer fresher one build up in a time frame closest to that of a normal cycle that would be best xx

hi there, im thinking of taking soy. I have severe pelvic organ prolapse (2nd degree uterine, 2nd degree rectal, 3rd degree bladder prolapse) and progressing endometriosis, so been advised to have our last baby sooner rather than later. (the POP cant be treated until im done with kids and endo increases risk of infertility). Anyways, the problem is that im not currently ovulting because i am BFing (DS2 is 8 months old). I dont want to give up BFing until he is at least 1 year, so i am hoping the soy will help. i dont have cycles and im charting and taking OPKs. ...hope this works...need to read back through this thread to see if its helped..i have no idea how much i should take. ...and is it okay to stay anytime since i dont even have cycles? What dose should i start out at? im assuming i would need more than the average women since my estrogen is obviously low since im BFing without cycles, but dont really know :shrug:

hi there, im thinking of taking soy. I have severe pelvic organ prolapse (2nd degree uterine, 2nd degree rectal, 3rd degree bladder prolapse) and progressing endometriosis, so been advised to have our last baby sooner rather than later. (the POP cant be treated until im done with kids and endo increases risk of infertility). Anyways, the problem is that im not currently ovulting because i am BFing (DS2 is 8 months old). I dont want to give up BFing until he is at least 1 year, so i am hoping the soy will help. i dont have cycles and im charting and taking OPKs. ...hope this works...need to read back through this thread to see if its helped..i have no idea how much i should take. ...and is it okay to stay anytime since i dont even have cycles? What dose should i start out at? im assuming i would need more than the average women since my estrogen is obviously low since im BFing without cycles, but dont really know :shrug:

I wouldn't take it while BFing. And I wouldn't take it if you don't have a cycle! Took 10 months for my cycle to come back after BF. I would honestly just wait for my cycle to come back before trying anything. The first few cycles are really fertile!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->