Soy Isoflavones

serendippy

TTC no1
Reaction score
Hiya all

Has anyone used or is using this at all?
Up until about 3 months ago i used to ovulate regularly and have a regular cycle..now however it appears im not ovulating at all really. FF has pinpointed ovulation but i somehow dont think its right as my temps are just too low. I discarded a temp and bam it put O as being sunday.

Anyway im wondering if this has helped anyone get ovulation back on track? Im thinkin of starting it next cycle but im a bit apprehensive to be honest just in case it stuffs me up even further.

Hi, loads of people have used these to varying levels of success, but have you tried a thread search? I think there's already quite a few postings on them.

If your cycle is already messed up it is probably worth trying.

I haven't personally tried them my cycle is regular, or it WAS before I messed with it by taking EPO.

Are you using OPK's and temping to know for sure about your ovulation?

Soy Iso's are pretty high in estrogenic properties, so while the eggs matured will go up, sometimes it may cause other side effects.I'd use it for maybe just CD1-CD10, then drop it (if used at all).

You may want to look at vitex if you want to insure release and strong LH surge. There's threads on here too about that.

G' Luck,
*SS*

HI
I read recently that a poster took Soy from CD3 to CD7 inclusive she took 160mg from 3 to 6 then 200mg on 7. She had a regular 28 day cycle aswell and is now preggers!!!
Ahh I wonder whether to try and have a normal 28 day cycle but if yours isn't particularly behaving, maybe its worth a punt?
Bex

I just started soy this cycle - there's a large thread going on the regular ttc board right now: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/623797-lets-welcome-soy-cycle-3-bfps-so-far.html

I'm taking it CD3-7, gradually ramping it up, starting with 40mg, then 80, 120, 160, and 200. I got a bottle of 40mg tablets at Walmart for $6. I came off the pill in February but for a variety of reasons we had to still prevent (condoms) for my first two cycles, which of course were picture-perfect 29 and 31 day cycles. My first cycle trying was annovulatory, so obviously that didn't work out so well :( My most recent cycle was 55 days long, with O on day 38. I have a history of really long cycles when I took breaks from the pill in the past, so am concerned about this becoming a problem when ttc. We are going for our first, and want more than one, and I just feel very strongly that I don't have time to wait around for ovulation to occur only every two months or so. I have heard lots of stories of women who took soy and it moved their O dates up significantly, so I figured it was worth a shot this cycle. I am currently only on CD4, so too soon to tell how/if it will work. But I've got everything crossed!!!!!!
:dust: to all of you :)

I had a negative experience with soy.
I shortened my cycle by a full five days but OV day stayed the same so there just wasn't enough time left for eggy to implant but I have heard of women who used it and got preggo within three months..

i've been using soy for the past 2 cycles. I got a BFP last month but had a chemcial almost straight after. At the moment i'm on the TWW.

First month of using soy i took 100mg from days 5-7 and i found my surge on cycle day 14and ovulated 48 hours later.

Second month (this month now) i took 200mg from cycle day 1 to 5. and i found my surge on cycle day 12 and ovulated 12-24 hours after.

When i'm not using soy i get my surge from cycle day 14-16 then ovulate 48 hours later.

Will see what August has to bring? I will do it again next cycle if no BFP.

J x

This is my first cycle on soy.
I took 140 mgs on cd3-4 and 210 mgs on cd5-7.
I had positive opks on cd17-19 and ovulated on cd19 (about average for me) and am 1 dpo.
Side effects: Very emotional, Left side ovulation pain (i think....never experienced before)

Next cycle I will probably try 210 mgs on cd2-6,
although my hubby prefers that I don't since he doesn't know how to deal with emotional women.

This is my first cycle on soy.
I took 140 mgs on cd3-4 and 210 mgs on cd5-7.
I had positive opks on cd17-19 and ovulated on cd19 (about average for me) and am 1 dpo.
Side effects: Very emotional, Left side ovulation pain (i think....never experienced before)

Next cycle I will probably try 210 mgs on cd2-6,
although my hubby prefers that I don't since he doesn't know how to deal with emotional women.

Do you have to be so soy-motional? Lol

I am considering this one, but I thought one was not supposed to take more than 200mg?

:haha:....He doesn't know what to do with me like this....
Not more than 300.... (150 clomid)
You tolerated the TMX so well .....I want TMX....

:haha:....He doesn't know what to do with me like this....
Not more than 300.... (150 clomid)
You tolerated the TMX so well .....I want TMX....

Like someone else I know, I too have the patience of a gnat, lol. You're right, I had a great TMX cycle...until the nipple sprung a leak. :haha:

The Pee Whisperer has inspired me to try this one, maybe. BTW, my doc was willing to go as high as 200 on Clomid...and from what I have read, it seems to be pretty standard. It's looking like mammag might have also gotten a BFP on soy this cycle too, lol. She's gotten a faint line on the FRER this morning! :happydance:

Thanks for all the input ladies, im defo going to give it a go for next cycle just to see what it does. Ill got for a browse on the thread in TTC

Ladies, I just left GNC & didn't buy soy. The front of the bottle says 50mg capsules, but if you read the label on the back it say 40% soy, so 20mg. Does this mean the capsules measure 50mg but only 20mg of it is soy? I need to take up to 10 at a time to get 200mg. Lol. Help!

Ladies, I just left GNC & didn't buy soy. The front of the bottle says 50mg capsules, but if you read the label on the back it say 40% soy, so 20mg. Does this mean the capsules measure 50mg but only 20mg of it is soy? I need to take up to 10 at a time to get 200mg. Lol. Help!

DH picked some up @ the Vitamin Shoppe....each pill has 70 mgs....the pills are HUGE....

If I go for this one, I am going to jump straight to 210mg if they are 70mg capsules.

The ones I got at Walmart are 40mg of soy - they say 40mg on the front of the bottle; the back label says to take 2 pills per serving (although that's generic and not directions for ttc); then it says each serving contains 80 mg soy isoflavones, so each pill must contain 40mg. There's also some calcium in them. I think the brand is Spring Valley or Spring Hill or something like that. It was 60 40mg tablets for $6. I heard somewhere that it is good to ramp up (no idea how accurate that is), so I just finished doing 40, 80, 120, 160, 200 CD3-7. No side effects for me. It's only CD7 now, so too soon to tell, but REALLY hoping it moves O up since I O'd on CD38 last cycle :wacko: Good Luck!!

Christine, did you take yours in the morning or evening and with or without food?

I took them in the evening with dinner. I don't know that you have to take them with food, but it was just easier for me to remember that way. And I chose evening in case I had unpleasant side effects. I know some people get headaches, etc., and so I know a lot of women take them before bed. I'm not sure if it's good, bad, or indifferent that I didn't get any side effects. Part of me is worried that maybe I didn't take enough and that its not going to work. I guess there's nothing left to do now but wait (wait to try, wait to ovulate, wait two weeks, wait for BFP - I feel like all I do is wait!!!!!). I'll keep you all posted. Baby dust to all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->