Soy

susurrus

Reaction score
What's everyone's theory on eating soy products while pregnant? I know it's not on any of the main "no-no lists" but have heard that soy is bad to consume. It seems like almost everything has soy ingredients though, mostly in the form of soy lecithin.

I'm avoiding things that are *mostly* soy such as tofu and soy protein powder. I still put a bit of soy sauce on rice sometimes and have eaten Chinese food.

Since processed soy products have been banned in most european countries and infant/children's food products in New Zealand, countries where soy lobby groups don't have control over government decisions. Since the USA and Canada allow big money to be donated to political parties, and the soy lobby groups have successfully pushed for subsidized soy crops, I don't trust the governments here to make choices that are healthy for the general population. Europe, New Zealand, and scandanavian countries are much more interested in protecting the health of their citizens over corporate interests so I chose to make decisions based on those less corrupt governement's decisions for my personal health.

Processed soy was banned for kids in those countries because it causes infertility, I believe it probably contributes to breast cancer in aging women who struggle with estrogen dominance too (we stop creating eggs so our progesterone peters off producing hormonal imbalances primarily estrogen dominance). Estrogen causes weight gain, it's not good for cancer, Google estrogen dominance...and since soy mimicks estrogen, I stay far far away from it!

Plus it's 99.9% Monsanto GMO crop, YUK!:nope::sick:

Since processed soy products have been banned in most european countries and infant/children's food products in New Zealand, countries where soy lobby groups don't have control over government decisions, I chose to make decisions based on those less corrupt society's decisions for my personal health. Soy was banned for kids because it causes infertility, I believe it probably contributes to breast cancer in aging women who struggle with estrogen dominance (we stop creating eggs so our progesterone peters off producing hormonal imbalances primarily estrogen dominance). Estrogen causes weight gain, it's not good for cancer, Google estrogen dominance...and since soy mimicks estrogen, I stay far far away from it!

Plus it's 99.9% Monsanto GMO crop, YUK!:nope::sick:

Ditto!

I won't touch it! Most soy is made from GMO. If you're going to eat it by the very best fermented soy you can get.

It's not main soy products like soy milk or tofu I'm worried about, as I drink regular milk to begin with. More so things made from soybean oil or soy lecithin as an emulsifier. I feel like it's in everything and driving me insane.

If there's lecithin and emulsifier it's likely in such a small quantity that you and baby won't be harmed. My DH is a phd chemist and it's when ladies and parents who feed their kids think soy is a 'health product' and drink soy milk, cook frequently with tofu, eat soy protein foods (there are HEAPS on the market in Canada and the USA), and other processed soy products like baby formula. To me soy baby formula would be the equivalent as feeding my child powdered coffee creamer:sick:

An emulsifier would be such a small quantity that you're not going to have harmful effects.

Also, not all lecithin is soy. My protein powder contains sunflower lecithin but it is only labelled as "lecithin" in the ingredients. I assumed it was soy until I read product info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->