Soy?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by canadadiva, Nov 17, 2011.

1. canadadiva

canadadiva Well-Known Member

Hi, I have heard soy mentioned a bit on here. How does it affect ovulation and what form do you buy it in? How much do you take?

Thanks!

2. Jodes2011

Jodes2011 Guest

You buy soy Isoflavones from Amazon the link is below and they are in tablet form. In the past i've taken 150mg from days 1-5 and 3-7.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamberts-S...4O/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1321522193&sr=8-13

Below is how it affects ovulation :thumbup:

1-5 = you produce more eggs, and ovulate sooner, with a stronger ovulation.

2-6 = you produce more eggs that usual, but not as many as taking it 1-5. Eggs may be more mature, and ovulation will be slightly more strong than 1-5.

3-7 = The best of both worlds, a few more eggs, and all eggs will be strong & mature, and ovulation will be alot stronger than 1-5.

4-8 = No more eggs will be produced, but the ones already there, will be matured a lot more than usual, and ovulation will be very strong. Ovulation may only be brought forward a teeny bit.

5-9 = You'll have one very mature strong egg, from the ones you already produced on your own. Ovulation will either happen when it usually does, or a few days later, but your egg will be of great quality.

I would suggest to take at least 80mg bc soy is half the strength of clomid. Soy can be taken anytime, but if taken at night, you can possibly avoid side effects and make sure to take them at the same time each day.

3. Natsby

Natsby Luca born 9-11-2012

I think I might try soy too, I´m a bit worried I´m ovulating late. CD 17 or later, or maybe ff just needs more days before puttin gon crosshairs.
    Let us know how you get on if you try it Canada diva.

4. Sus09

Sus09 mum

Oh reading this, I usually ovulate late as well,
    Dmom has just told me that soy brings ov forward, I might try that to see how it affects my cycle,
    Jodie, what days would you recommend for a "soy virgin"? 3-7 to start?
    Will wait for my blood tests and then decide what I try.

5. Jodes2011

Jodes2011 Guest

yeah 3-7 would be good and then try 1-5 don't go over 200mg a day :thumbup:

6. Sus09

Sus09 mum

Thanks Jodie!
    I have ordred the soy. I am waiting for my test results and then I will experiment with Soy to see if it brings my ov forward a bit.

7. canadadiva

canadadiva Well-Known Member

Interesting! Thanks ladies! I might give it a try but want to run it by my doctor first.

8. littlepeps

littlepeps Well-Known Member

Hi there ... I O on day 21 and was thinking about taking soy , how does it work ??

9. pinkkitten74

pinkkitten74 Well-Known Member

great concise info- where did you get this from?

10. NatoPMT

NatoPMT Real life mummy

I tried soy and it didnt work for me, it delayed my ov and messed up my cycles, hopefully it will work better for others.