SPD Sufferers! Buddy Group

just an update that may be of some use to others with pelvic pain..

i had a steroid injection yesterday for my babies lungs incase it comes early. today i have had NO pain.. literally none. steroids are an anti-inflam. drug. this is the first day with no pain since jan. and i have not had to take morphine. i am pain free and can walk.

yesterday to get to the hosp i had to go in a whelchair.. that is how bad it was. i see my dr tomorrow to see if i can go on a steroid course til my baby is born, because then i can stop the morphine as well as not being in constant agony. maybe that may help people here?

Pink_Witch - Did you manage to get an induction date hun? x

soliloquise - have you had early labour symptoms then, how far along are you? x

My SPD is still at bay, I am so happy! I do suffer after I have been out for the day whether it be shopping or for a meal on a hard chair, but as I am mainly at home, it is mild most of the time. :happydance:

I also have my anomaly scan on Friday which I am so excited about, I can't wait :wohoo:

I hope you are all well! :hugs:x

Hi Tam, i am booked in for a sweep on the 11th may at the clinic and at the same time they are booking me an induction for later that week for if the sweep doesnt work!

I have been doing all the tricks for the last 2 weeks to try and get my cervix as ripe as possible so that it gives the sweep a bit more of a chance to work!!

But today i have had what i think was my plug and also a bowel clearout:cloud9: so i am hoping that i wont need the sweep but well see!!

Glad to hear you are feeling well, mine is worse again he really hurts me when he seems to stretch himself out and hits my pelvic bone dont know if its his head banging against it or actually going in my pelvic but it feels like its being ripped apart :cry:

good luck with the scan hope everything is well :hug::hug:

Hi Ladies, hope you are not in too much pain

SPD is really killing me at the moment, I feel swollen all up in my groin area and my hips seem inflamed too. I have an appointment with my consultant on June 30th, just tried to bring it forward but he is not available. Am in sheer agony now, dont know what to do.............

hey ladies, thought i would pop in and see how everyone is doing. Ernie is 4 weeks old tomorrow-and i am STILL suffering from the spd-albeit to a lesser degree than when i was pregnant-but it is still there,still had to use the crutches for a few days after he was born, i still struggle to move at times-but i refuse to use them now!! i can walk about a bit for a while but the pain soon starts getting bad after a while-going to take a good while yet until i am completley pain free

:hug: to everyone xx

Hi girls! Can I join in!
Had SPD with both of my pregnancies (well, still have!)

Will write more later, have to get screachign toddler to sleep :)

I'm sick of doctors telling me it will go once the baby is born :( did it go with Jasmine? did it feck :(

Hi ladies,

Im not sure if i have spd or not, i am going to speak to my midwife at 16 weeks when i next see her, I am worried i may be getting it although i know its early still.

Sometimes i have random shooting pains *up* myself and sometimes its inside. Sometimes its in the top of my thighs and sometimes in my abdomen, It doesnt last too long itsd just sharp and shooting and makes me winch its really painfull.
Also sometimes if i sit down it hurts as i sit, and sometimes i just have pain *down there*.. .. what do you think? Im scared i might get this as i cant afford to quit my job which involves walking a lot and i sleep on the 5th floor of the house. :S

help! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->