Sperm count 12-13 million? What are our chances for BFP?

ecarroll2

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wonder what realistically are our chances for a BFP with such low sperm count.. Only 23% or less than 3 million are progressive. Only 19% or just over 2 million are with normal morphology. Last time we did not get pg until his sperm got to the ~40 million mark, and over 80% were progressive and had normal morphology.. This time, in spite of everything, all the supplements, the healthy eating habits, it has stayed low.. Any of you had luck with a similar sperm count? Any of you had to move on to IVF with ICSI?
He has just tried acupuncture, and I hope it DOES something.. We are officially trying next month.

Many thanks xx

Hi,

My OH also had a low sperm count and motility, my OH was prescribed tamoxifen by our consultant which he took for 12 weeks and it has increased his motility. Not by tonnes but an increase is an increase.

The consultant has now prescribed me Clomid for 4 cycles and if still no luck then we've been recommended to try IVF as a last resort xx

Thank you Tina,

The strange thing is, the doctor is not doing anything (he is in Australia, and their hospital and referrals system is pretty archaic), and the semen analysis results are quite low consistently. IVF is pretty risky in the cases where there is no physical reason for a woman to undergo it.. There is a risk for adverse reactions to the medication and hormones, risk of perforating the tubes during egg retrieval, risk of infections.. Fingers crossed this is the month for you two!! :) What is the reason for the Clomid for you? Is that so that you produce more eggs and give yourselves an overall higher chance of getting pregnant as a couple?

hi hunny! Just jumping in here!....
My hubby had a vasectomy reversal in sept 2010...3months later we had our post op sperm anaylsis test. He had 1million p/ml and only 4% motility.... We were devastated :shock: and the surgeon told us it could take us years if at all...... Afew weeks later i found out the i was pregnant! :dance: so it really really does only take one! I conceived again the first month of trying when my daughter was about 18m, unfortunately I had a loss and couldnt try again until 6 months later....that was a year ago...grrrr.... But it has happened twice so im confident it'd happen again,
Fingers crossed for you hunny! Xxx

That is amazing - thank you so much for sharing. Sorry about your loss, I hope you get your next BFP soon x

Hi my DH's SA had similar stats, except with 0% morphology. Not an answer to your question, but just wanted to show my support since I know what you're going through. Hope you get your #2 soon!

My husband has 2% sperm morphology and his motility is extremely low but we got pregnant naturally with our first son, so it can happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->