Spitting

JordansMommy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question and I was hopin someone could help me with it. My son was 9 weeks early, he weighed 2lb 15oz. On the first he will be 9 months, adjusted age 7. When he was first born he had a feedin tube and he had problems with throwing up alot, and i don't mean just a little spit on his bib I mean Throwing UP, he was on soy milk and then switched to reg formula and then given reg formula with baby cereal to thinkin it, it did help alot but if he ate to much or wouldn't burped he would throw up. I have been trying to start to give him table food just little things like mashed pot. and smashed up homemade noodles and he takes a few bites and throws up, he does eat jarred baby food mixed with baby oatmeal, he has for a couple months, he has no problem with it. I was wonderin if this has happen to anyone else, if this is something hell grow out of or is it something more serious. Thanks

Good question hun.

Has anyone talked to you about him having reflux? I'm no expert, but he is displaying all the signs, and it is easily treated. It is more common in preemies, but any baby can have it, and eventually they do grow out of it. With your bubs being prem you need him to gain weight, and so it is even more important that he is treated.

It must be really distressing for you both to have this problem - I know as a mum you just want to see your kids eat. Talk to your GP or consultant about it - that's what they're there for. There are effective meds for baby reflux which will fix him immediately.

Other than that, try in the meantime just offering small amounts often and see if that helps the little lamb. Good luck :hugs:

as Lizzie has said - sounds like reflux which has gone untreated.

I have never heard of it going on thru weaning but im very unexperienced.

I can only suggest little and often xx

I havent got much time so I didnt get to read the other posts so sorry if I repeat anything.
I had this with Chloe and Jaycee but only with food. I found that they only could eat it if it had a watery consistancy, Mashed potato was just too thick for them and they would heave and throw up. I decided to make it and put some water into it and they were fine, Slowly they adjusted and now eat most things I give them including beans, eggs, bread, toast anything really xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->