Splitting PAIN !

jadza

Reaction score
I'm 33 weeks + 4 days. I keep having so much pain in/on my belly. Its just in one little spot up and to the left of my belly button. Almost feels like my skin is going to tare open. Only thing that stops the pain is lying down until the pain goes. Some times that takes a few minutes, other times it takes all night. It starts up again after I have been up and about walking around or sitting. If I stay lying down all day, I don't get the pain at all. Midwife thinks its just normal stretching pain. But i'm not sure. Yesterday it hurt so badly I couldn't walk at all. Or sit or stand up. I could only lye down. Its defiantly worse if baby is pushing against it. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I've read stuff about hernias... maybe its one of those?

Oh my god! I had the exact thing happen to me! That's something no one warned me about when I got pregnant and that was that I would get this tearing pain around my belly button like Im about to bust open. It has eased up for me though, now it's just really itchy around that area. I hope this helps some!

I've had exactly the same thing! The GP said it's probably where the baby is pushing against me inside and bruising me and the midwife said the same as the doc or that it's stretching pain, so nothing to worry about even though I know how painful it is!!

I had this with #2 - just a tiny spot of intense itchy pain.

My OB said it was a nerve being stretched, and would hurt until the nerve died.
It took about a month..... soooo annoying!

I had this too. It actually happened while my belly button was "popping" out. There was a micro-tear inside, and it essentially was cut and healing :(

The weird thing was that the pain was above and to the right slightly, and it burnt, pinched, and felt bruised upon contact. Even my pants would irritate it. When I finally realized what was happening (it was popping out from being an EXTREME innie belly button to a partial outie, and that process led part of it to split open), I just applied some Neosporin, and it healed quickly and went away.

There is a huge chance this is not what's happening to you, but just in case, I thought I'd comment to make sure. I'd hate not to say something and find out that is what was happening.

Good luck! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->