Spoiled Baby?

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
Any tips to "brake" a baby from being spoiled/clingy? I cant do anything without Noah. If I walk away from him etc he starts screaming, and I'm at wits end.

Is he crawling? Caitlyn was EXTREME when she wasn't. Now she is crawling she's alright on her own. Got her independance so to speak. She still cries for me ALOT of the time but I've found an ignore switch :blush:

No crawling, I posted another thread about that :( I try to ignore him and then he becomes so upset he throws up everywhere. sigh

Do you play peek a boo with him? I read that peek a boo really helps babies with separation anxiety. Maybe trying to leave him for a minute, keep talking to him while going into the other room and come back, then do it for longer and longer?

I hope it gets better hun xx

Yeah, I heard peekaboo helps.
Although, I am in the same boat. Colton is very clingy; doesnt even want anyone else holding him. I'm hoping its just a phase and will pass soon.

It's really a new thing for him, the separation anxiety. I will try the peek a boo thing. :) I tried talking to him while I was in the bathroom, but he screamed the whole time.

I watched a programme 'the baby whisperer' this morning about this situation, her advice to the mother of a 9 month old daughter was not to pick baby up but get down to their level and reassure them and distract them with their fave toys. All the best, I know I'm dreading this phase because Sophia squeals and screams when upset, it'll be a nightmare lol

It is a phase hun, he'll grow out of it. I just took Kaya everywhere with me and after about a month she was fine.

Rileys getting like this if hes in the living room with his dad and i walk out he will scream its even worse if hes on his owni play peekaboo with him it does work with him

Its a baby thing and something he will get over eventually, my little one was just the same at noahs age and the fact he aint mobile as well will add to his frustration. Just bear with him hun he will grow out of it.

I disagree that he may get over it on his own... ive seen plenty of 2 and 3 year olds who are clingy as heck and cant even be babysat...

I dont have any advce, im sorry, I guess just try and get him more comfortable alone or with other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->