spotting after sex

rosegarden620

Reaction score
5 weeks today-
DH and I had sex today, we've had sex a few times since our BFP nearly 2 weeks ago. Today, I would say he went a LITTLE deeper than what I have allowed and while it did not hurt I felt some discomfort. Afterwards, I went to the bathroom and wiped and lo and behold there was some pink mixed in on the TP. Very faint and after a few wipes, gone.

Drank some water, laid down, now a few hours later I go to use the bathroom again and there is the typical creamy discharge with some mixed in pink. No red, just pink, and once again after a few wipes, its gone. My uterus feels irritated. There is no cramping, but there is an overall feeling of congestion and irritation.

Thoughts and experiences?? First appointment isn't until next week, and even then its just a "confirmation of pregnancy" appointment. First scan isn't until 10 weeks. So, I'm kinda getting a little stressed though everywhere I read says without cramping, after se is normal.

......I had a chemical 7 years ago, and have two daughters. No history of mc except for the chemical but I guess I am still a little freaked.

Spotting is pretty normal after sex due to the increased blood flow, specifically to your cervix. But I think any kind of spotting should be reported to your doctor, just in case. Make sure to tell them it was immediately after sex, and they may not even request to see you.

Spotting is pretty normal after sex due to the increased blood flow, specifically to your cervix. But I think any kind of spotting should be reported to your doctor, just in case. Make sure to tell them it was immediately after sex, and they may not even request to see you.

fingers toes and crossed our little bean is growing stronger in there. I just went to the bathroom again and there was no blood....so Im leaning more towards the friable cervix over anything...dh isn't to happy that i cut him off until our first appointment, but he also understands. Truth is, if this baby is meant to be born, he/she will be born. I know sex does not trigger a miscarriage but damn is it scary to see some blood.

I wish I was naive about it all! damn internet loads you up on info...and while some reassuring most are just horror stories.... ugh. no cramping or pelvic pain.

Thanks again for the reply.

What Eidson said! The tissue down there is really sensitive when pregnant. There is a lot of blood flow and friction. So it is perfectly normal to spot at least a little during or after sex. It could also be implantation bleeding. I had a bit of spotting around 7 weeks.

I think unless advised by a doctor, there's really no need to not have sex. Unless you have a prior history of m/c or other issues, the bleeding is probably from your blood filled cervix. I'd call the doctor and see what they say before you cut off your poor husband :haha:

I think unless advised by a doctor, there's really no need to not have sex. Unless you have a prior history of m/c or other issues, the bleeding is probably from your blood filled cervix. I'd call the doctor and see what they say before you cut off your poor husband :haha:

LOLLLL

Aw, you are right. I don't have a history of it, I think I am more freaking out for nothing than anything. He tried so hard to be gentle too this time! :dohh:

I guess its common that at this mark the cervix is starting to taking its permanent pregnancy appearance, i.e friability and irritability. My cervix better not be as moody as I am!

Next time I'll just have to monitor his depth with my hand on his waist! :coffee:

Its totally normal.
I've bled after sex during both pregnancies. My midwife said it was nothing to worry about but to try and avoid sex (easier said than done!). On the very very rare occasion we do we just make sure we're extremely gentle �😴😴 😧
Definitely speak to your midwife/gp and get their advice though.☺

What Eidson said, I had that almost every tine after DH and I DTD throughout pregnancy with #1.

I had this same exact thing and talked to my doctor and he said that it is perfectly normal due to the increased blood flow to your cervix while pregnant. It scared the crap out of me at first, but then I just got used to it and it happens every time!

Happened when I was pregnant with DS. I called the dr and they gave me an early scan as I was 7 weeks. It happened again once when I was in third tri.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. Spotting has been gone since yesterday and the creamy gross cm has returned. Yay !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->