spotting all the time

lovin_it

Reaction score
My Little girl is 5 months old, soon to be 6 months. From the time she was born until now I have been having problems. I have been bleeding on and off....mostly all the time. I'm only spotting, but I always have to wear a pad for protection. I've had ultrasounds done and nothing was found. But the bleeding continues. I've tried Birth Control to stop it, but no luck. Have any other Mommies had this problem?

I do. I have a Paraguard in. Its an IUD, so Im assuming that is what my problem is.
Also during labor my after birth didnt come out until almost 45 mins later. I was about to go under the knife cause of it, but just as I was about to sign my rights paper, a contraction came, and it pushed out. I might have had some tearing, but IDK.
I hope you figure out whats wrong!

I do. I have a Paraguard in. Its an IUD, so Im assuming that is what my problem is.
Also during labor my after birth didnt come out until almost 45 mins later. I was about to go under the knife cause of it, but just as I was about to sign my rights paper, a contraction came, and it pushed out. I might have had some tearing, but IDK.
I hope you figure out whats wrong!

thank you, maybe it is the birth control causing the problems. My hormones seem to be a bit messed up lately.

My LO is 20 weeks on friday and still bleeding ALL THE TIME arrrggghhhh! Spoke to my doctor again yesterday who sad again my body might still be getting used to the pill and if same in a month then go back, its horrible isnt it im usually bleeding properly 3 weeks out of 4 x

I went on mini pill last time and stopped cos I was spotting all the time and was driving me mad.could well b your birth control

I went on the Pill at week 5 & I spotted while taking it after taking 1/2 the pack until Omar was 1 year. I still spot when I exercise. I did blood tests, scan & internal. All were normal.

very interested in this thread!! I'm actually off to the Dr's next week for the same problem!!

I stopped my PP bleeding at about 4 weeks.. had the implant put in at 7 weeks and then my period started at 11 weeks and it hasn't stopped :S.. well apart from the very odd couple of days.

I'm like the OP tho as in not heavy just spotting but enough to have to wear a pad every day!

Will let you know what my Dr says/does!

edited to add my LO is 5.5 months!

Dr's update!!

Been today and she said that its actually more common than we think and its normal to spot for quite a while as our bodies still haven't properly healed.

She also said that cos i've got the implant in my body will be getting used to that and if i carry on then to give them a call and they'll give me some tablets.

Dr's update!!

Been today and she said that its actually more common than we think and its normal to spot for quite a while as our bodies still haven't properly healed.

She also said that cos i've got the implant in my body will be getting used to that and if i carry on then to give them a call and they'll give me some tablets.

thank you! it just is so frustrating. But I guess it does take time for our body to heal. I haven't been able to sit back and take it easy because I have an 8 year old, a 5 year old and a 5.5 month old. No time to rest!!

hope your situation improves and things get better, spotting stops!!

Well... after having a week free its BACK!!! grrrrrr lol

but like my OH said this could be my actual period!! who knows?!?!... but i'm gonna ring them on Monday anyway and ask for the tablet they were telling me about!

Dr's update!!

thank you! it just is so frustrating. But I guess it does take time for our body to heal. I haven't been able to sit back and take it easy because I have an 8 year old, a 5 year old and a 5.5 month old. No time to rest!!

hope your situation improves and things get better, spotting stops!!

With ya on that one! I have four under 5....soooo no time to rest!!! With my last i spotted until i stoped bfeeding then got Af...had scan antib's and all sorts to rule out problems but nothing was wrong just crazy hormones, and the same is happening agin!! x x

ladies lets keep this thread updated as we go along! I have the same issue. My DD is now 3 months old and I spot all the time, i get a day off here and there but thats it. It's very frustrating, I've ruined all my fancy undies :( The doc says everything looks fine so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Well out of the last 26 days I've only had 5 days of no spotting. Then I began again Saturday...urgh, so frustrating. I'm going to make another dr's appointment. He said something about looking into a D&C...not really looking forward to that, but if thats what its going to take to stop this constant bleeding. I can not take a birth control pill, they give me migrane headaches and sever nausea, not to mention tingling in my arms and legs.

I'll keep you updated on what dr says. good luck ladies.

Really would they do a d&c even if ultrasound showed nothing left behind? I worry that it may cause more damge than good...let me know if they suggest this cuz i've heard other ladies saying they had one and everything went back to normal.

Well i had 2days of nothing then today....IT WAS BACK! ARGHHHHHH!!!

SOOO HATEFUL. X X X

I had my bub about 7 weeks ago and i bled for about 3 weeks stopped for 5 days or so and then started back up as a period so the doctor says! Ugh so bugging, also this "period" has lasted two weeks! Today is the first day i have not bled so far.

another update!!

well as you know it all started back on Friday.. ready to ring the Dr's on Monday morning and it had gone! so that lasted 3 days and nothing since!

Maybe my body is settling down?

Really would they do a d&c even if ultrasound showed nothing left behind? I worry that it may cause more damge than good...let me know if they suggest this cuz i've heard other ladies saying they had one and everything went back to normal.

SOOO HATEFUL. X X X

My Dr. told me that might be an option. My doctor retires in a month and a female dr is taking his place, I'm hoping she is a bit more sympathetic and will help me get the answers I need. It is not normal to bleed so much, it is not healthy...I am slightly anemic because of all this bleeding. My ultrasound was in the "normal" range, but I am still bleeding so they have to find out what is wrong, cause obviously there is something going on. But I was told that a D&C was an option that they would look into...I'll keep you posted.

I had my bub about 7 weeks ago and i bled for about 3 weeks stopped for 5 days or so and then started back up as a period so the doctor says! Ugh so bugging, also this "period" has lasted two weeks! Today is the first day i have not bled so far.

hope things settle down for you and your body straightens itself out!!

SOOO HATEFUL. X X X

My Dr. told me that might be an option. My doctor retires in a month and a female dr is taking his place, I'm hoping she is a bit more sympathetic and will help me get the answers I need. It is not normal to bleed so much, it is not healthy...I am slightly anemic because of all this bleeding. My ultrasound was in the "normal" range, but I am still bleeding so they have to find out what is wrong, cause obviously there is something going on. But I was told that a D&C was an option that they would look into...I'll keep you posted.

Thanks chick,1 Hope ur feeling ok! Ur rite it's not healthy, it makes me feel really down too! Had same issues in my last postpartum period too, but it did settle eventually with no help. Mine has slowed a bit and is just heavy spotting once a day now, but feel really cramp all the time. I had a natural third stage and was wondering if thta would make me bleed longer? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->