Spotting at 13dpo - worried about chemical

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Hi all, I got a BFP on Saturday and since then have been testing and the tests are looking darker, however, today I noticed some brown spotting. I am worried about having a chemical pregnancy. I had one last month although the lines never got darker.
Does anyone have any experience of this? I knew I should have waited later to test 😢😢

Btw this is my test from this morning at 13dpo

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 20
I thought that brown blood isn't usually a concern as it I should old blood, that it's the fresh red stuff you need to worry more about. Good luck

Your test looks great for 13 dpo! I wouldn't be too concerned as long as it doesn't get heavier. I know... as a mom of multiple losses that is easier said than done but it doesn't help to stress. Anything can cause brown blood, even sex, since your cervix is so sensitive right now due to increased blood flow. It could also be leftover blood from implantation.

Luckily I have had no more spotting but I'm sure my tests are not getting dark enough for 14 dpo :(

I would have thought my line would be darker than the control by now!

Attachments

• RenderedContent-B622D910-D9DD-4870-8C49-11E3B92E228C.jpg
    RenderedContent-B622D910-D9DD-4870-8C49-11E3B92E228C.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 14
Luckily I have had no more spotting but I'm sure my tests are not getting dark enough for 14 dpo :(

those are actually really dark BFP for 14 dpo!! When I had my son I spotted for 12 days straight starting at 13dpo.. and went on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby 😊
My guess is that you just had a late implantation .. and that was just implantation bleeding.. congratulations by the way!!

Tests look great to me, I've had 4 pregnancies and spotted/bled in all of them around AF time so try not to worry. Sadly one was a chemical but it was immediately red/heavy and my tests were negative as soon as it started and never got as dark as that! Its a fab line x

I wouldn't worry about the darkness of the line. I feel like women worry way too much about lines on tests getting darker. I took 3 FRERs. The first one in the middle of the day with a 3 hour hold and it was VERY dark. The second one on the same day but in the evening after about an hour 1/2 hold and the line wasn't as dark. The third one I took the next morning with 2nd morning urine. It was only an hour hold and the line was a lot lighter but still pretty dark. So I think it depends on how long you've held your urine and what time of the day it is. When I went to the doctor yesterday the line was SUPER dark so I know everything is fine. I am 5 weeks and 3 days and I also had some very light brown spotting last night. I think you are fine :) Don't stress too much. It's so crazy though you stress about becoming pregnant, and then when you find out you are you stress about every thing! Good luck and keep us all updates!

Thank you all, I know how common spotting is in pregnancy it's just so worrying, especially in the UK as you don't have any HCG tests or a scan until 12 weeks... so much can happen for us to worry about!

Thank you all, I know how common spotting is in pregnancy it's just so worrying, especially in the UK as you don't have any HCG tests or a scan until 12 weeks... so much can happen for us to worry about!

Yeah 12 weeks is a long time to wait for sure. Hang in there mama :)

I am worrying again, this is my most recent from 15dpo - the top is 13dpo and middle is 14dpo

The lines don't seem to be progressing quick enough. Last time I was pregnant the line was darker than the control by now :(

Attachments

• RenderedContent-F1B3F061-8538-4776-93B8-6FF9A6B8B181.jpg
    RenderedContent-F1B3F061-8538-4776-93B8-6FF9A6B8B181.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
I didn't get a line darker than the control until 17dpo+

I am worrying again, this is my most recent from 15dpo - the top is 13dpo and middle is 14dpo

The lines don't seem to be progressing quick enough. Last time I was pregnant the line was darker than the control by now :(

Don't stress. As long as you don't have any more heavy spotting or bad cramping you'll be fine. Your lines look great! I would probably take a break from testing if I were you :)

Don't stress. As long as you don't have any more heavy spotting or bad cramping you'll be fine. Your lines look great! I would probably take a break from testing if I were you :)

Thank you - I know I need to stop and I don't actually have any more tests so I will try, it's just so hard :(

Thank you - I know I need to stop and I don't actually have any more tests so I will try, it's just so hard :(

Oh I know trust me! And not being able to go to the doctor just yet is even tougher I'm sure :( I am so tempted to keep testing but I know it's just going to drive me crazy. I even asked the doctor the other day if the one I took there was positive because I was still in disbelief.

Here are two of my FRERs. They are out of order. The bottom one is the first one I took at 16 or 17DPO with afternoon urine. The top one I took at the next day with 2nd morning urine that was only held for about an hour so it was a little lighter.

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/bowen106/IMG_3601_zpsw4c5yvjh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->