Spotting at 20 weeks..

KAH1990

Reaction score
As the title says I've been having some spotting the last three days. It's really not a lot and only when I wipe, it's been pinkish discharge although today was a lot redder, again just when I wipe though. Should I be worried, I can still feel baby moving and I don't really know what the midwives could do if I called them anyway. Do you think I should still call to keep them informed? Third preganancy and never had spotting this late on

I would give them a call they may want to see you x

I had this at 22 weeks and again last night at 24 weeks. I have placenta previa which they say is causing it.

Its not a lot and only very slight when I wipe, but its there.

I phoned the Maternity Assessment Unit last night just to be sure, and they said as long as I can feel her, im not soaking a pad and I have no clots all is fine.

xx

I'd deffo call, they always prefer you to call even if it's nothing xx

Yes give the midwife a call, it’s probably fine but it’s good to keep everyone informed.

I've noticed something similar, just about 16 weeks and it's pink tinged discharge (I've been having loads of creamy white discharge all pregnancy and yesterday it was yellow/tan and today very light pink). I heard babe on doppler this morning even so I'm sure all is fine...but I'm nervous and anxious too!

Did you exercise or have sex? That can cause it.

I had a wee tiny bit of brown spotting a few days ago at 21 weeks and it was after a long day of travel and flying. I am thinking it was all the exertion! It a few little stains on my undies and went away.

I know the rule is generally red blood and/or cramps but if you haven't had your anatomy scan yet it could be caused by things like placenta previa so best to phone in as others have said....

With my previous pregnancy I rushed to the doctor after pink spotting at 20 weeks and she just looked at me like I was crazy, listened with the doppler and sent me home. :dohh: But I figure better safe than sorry yeah? Apparently the doc thought I was a time waster!!!

I think mine was totally caused by exercise! I exercised Sunday night and noticed the light spotting for 2-3 days after.

Just to update - the spotting lasted for 4 days, but very light, maybe once or twice a day there would be coloured discharge on the toilet paper. The midwife said just to keep an eye on it when I rang for advice, and if it started to turn heavier then to go straight in. Luckily nothing came of it and baby girl seems to be haopy and kicking away still.

Thanks for everyone who commented

Thanks for the update and I'm glad all is well!

I had more spotting/bleeding last night, it was watery and pink this time and it's the 5th time I've had it in 2 weeks. I rang MAU and they didn't seem concerned, they asked me to pop a pad on and wait 1 hour. There was only a small amount of pink blood on the pad so they just told me to monitor it over night. I feel like that unless I was bleeding heavy they don't seem bothered! I've never had anything like this with my last two pregnancies so I don't really know what I'm supposed to do/is it normal.. I'm going to call my community midwife later I think..

I would have though your maternity unit would want to see you to do a speculum and maybe find a cause for the bleeding especially after having more than one episode of spotting. Hope your midwife is able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->