Spotting at 6 weeks :(

doodlegirl

Reaction score
I was waiting till 6 weeks to join 1st trimester. I am spotting and i think its getting worse. No cramping. I have a consultant appointment and scan on tuesday but can i wait? I dont know what to do. I am gutted this is probably another mc :(

I would go to a&e. Everything may still be okay but you can't put yourself through the torture of waiting - if you go, I recommend fibbing and saying you are experiencing pain, as that will make them scan you (in case of ectopic) but have read cases of ladies on here who had bleeding only and got told to go home and wait.
Good luck

Thank you Talia, thats a good idea. The spotting stopped for now, completely. If it starts again i think i will consider going to a&e. Otherwise i will just find out on tuesday. X

Hope everything is OK. I was bleeding at six with it all my other pregnancy and everything turned out fine. Xxx

I get a ton of spotting during pregnancy because my cervix is so sensitive. I bleed every time I have a bowel movement, sometimes the day after if I'm constipated... It's awful. Scares me every time. I hope everything is okay with you. Some spotting is quite common, but that doesn't make it any less scary, especially when you've already had a few losses, I bet. :(

Thank you ladies. It is really scary, the only time i did not spot was with my dd. So for me spotting is always a panic trigger. I had no more spotting for the rest of the day so hopefully its not over yet. Done cb and got 3 plus but i know it does not mean much. Anyway i will update after my appointment. X

I didn't have any bleeding with my first but I had some with this one at 8 weeks and this baby is doing just fine too, so it can vary and all pregnancies are different. Wishing you all the best for Tuesday, I'm glad it has stopped for now <3

I spotted at 6 weeks on the day (now 7 weeks) and I was in a lot of pain but the pain was very specific to one side. I got checked out that day and everything was fine. Spotting was most probably old implantation blood (I had a teensy but yesterday but only when I wiped and it's gone now) and the pain was old scar tissue. My spotting was more brown which they said is usually not a sign to worry as it's old blood. What colour is your spotting? Is it bright red? If it comes back, I'd get checked out more for peace of mind than anything. I only realised after the whole episode last week how much it took out of me and affected me

The spotting was also brown, not a lot but more than i had at about 4 weeks. I feel nauseous again so i guess that's a good sign. 2.5 days to go till my scan.

Brown is usually okay I think but if it gets worse or heavier definitely see someone before your scan. Hoping it stays away, because it just plays tricks in your mind! Keep us updated. I've got another scan on Monday which I'm looking forward to x

I think it's a good sign that it wasn't accompanied by pain. I had unexplained spotting at 5 weeks with my son, and some at 6 weeks with this baby after an internal scan and then sex. Let us know how your scan goes!

I had no spotting with my girls but I did with my DS. I had so much spotting actually that I thought for sure I was losing him. It was enough to fill a liner by the end of the day and was rusty colored red-brown mix. It lasted a week around week 6. At 8 weeks I had a scan and everything proved to be fine. Bub had a nice solid heartbeat and there was no found reason for the spotting.

Still no new spotting but i just dont feel very positive about outcome of this pg. My head is all over the place. 2 more days. X

It's okay to feel that way. Expect the worst, hope for the best. I have a feeling everything is just fine with you, but it's hard to feel that way when you're in your shoes. I had a huge scare in the beginning of this pregnancy, and I just knew the pregnancy was doomed. Anyway, my feelings were just fear, and even though I had already mourned my loss and everything, the baby is fine. I was so glad to go in there expecting to get bad news, only to come out with good news. It's a lot better than expecting good news and getting bad news. Hope is good, but we have to take care of our hearts, too. I'm thinking of you and hoping your pregnancy goes just perfectly and that you end up with a healthy baby in the end. I have a feeling that's how it's gonna go, but I will continue to think positive thoughts for you. :)

I know exactly how you feel - I was the same when it happened to me. And even though everything turned out fine and good, a part of me still feels that way. I think I was expecting the worse and when I had my appointment and everything was fine and we heard the heartbeat etc. the whole experience went over my head. I was just shocked. I'm now looking forward to my appointment tomorrow where hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it a bit more.

Also, don't forget that these hormones are all over the place. I don't know about you, but after trying for a year the get pregnant I'm surprised how low I am feeling most of the time and I know it's down to hormones which doesn't help with the worry etc.

Glad your spotting has stopped. I'm sure that's a good sign. It sounds very similar why happened to me. Thinking of you and keep us updated xx

Thank you. You are all so kind. Still no new spotting and 1 more day to go. x

So glad there hasn't been any new spotting! Tomorrow will be here soon enough and you can get the reassurance you need!

Finally today! My head is all over the place, i am taking my dd to her nursery, then to work and will sneak out before my app. Still no more spotting, no cramps. I am not sure if i am naueseous or if i am just nervous. Anyway 3.5 hours to go!!!!!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->