Spotting before suspected period.. NTNP

hgallo2002

Reaction score
Ok, I was trying to read most threads before posting my story.. Couldn't really find anything too helpful.. This is mostly because I am curious.. As I know the only way to know for sure is wait until after missed period and then go to the Doctor.

My last AF was June 15-ISH I believe.. I wasn't keeping track too closely as I was not ttc. So I am assuming my next AF will be coming within the next 2 or 3 days.. However, 2 days ago I began spotting for roughly 24hrs... it was light pink at first, then light brown as it ended.. I have NEVER spotted in my entire menstruating life so I was VERY surprised! Especially because I just thought I had caught my menstrual early and I would begin my normal flow later that day.

Yesterday morning I purchased 2 dollar tree tests. I took the 1st one yesterday when I got home (using urine from that morning to ensure the most concentrated sample) However, it still yielded a :bfn: ... I am going to wait until next weekend, if I still have no sign of AF.. I will test again..

My question is, I mostly think I probably AM pregnant just because I have NEVER spotted and now its gone and no sign of AF.. I have started taking prenatal's again, JUST IN CASE.. but has ANYONE ever experienced anything like this and turned out NOT to be pregnant? From every post I have read on different sites, everyone has turned out pregnant.. some receiving a :bfn: up until 4 months of pregnancy..

oh! And I had some minor cramps the night of spotting.. which I also have never experienced.. Except with my 1st pregnancy when my uterus was stretching... however, THIS cramping was definitely NOT as intense..

I'm currently having the same experience. I had very light pink/brown spotting a few days ago (it was really only when I wiped). This was about 10 days before my period was due. Then it went away. I had a tiny bit of brown a few days later and that too has gone. I tested and, as you found,: bfn.

I've just visited my GP who took blood samples. I'd love to know how it turns out for you? Like you, I have never had this either. However, my GP says a urine test should work 3-4 days after the spotting (and mine was) so I do not suspect pregnancy.

Fingers crossed for us both :)

I suppose you know by now.

I myself have spotted on several occassions before my AF would be arriving.
sometimes it's on CD21/22 and other times it has been a few days before AF should arrive.
I think it may be because it's in combination with breastfeeding, but I'm not sure

Well, its now Aug 2nd (4am cuz I can't sleep) lol but I wanted to post an update as I hate that no one else ever really does so u never know the outcome.. On july 15, I tested again, still BFN, again on 18th - BFN, then on 22nd I went to the Health Dept to discuss BC but wanted to be tested since I was unsure.. Still BFN and no AF.. (One evening between 15-20th I had some unusual upper abdomen cramping but it was more like a pinching feeling) By July 28th, I went to Dr for blood test.. BFN.. At this point I am just thinking there's a first time for everything and I skipped a period.. Over the past 2-3 weeks I've been saying I hope I'm not PG but secretly hoping deep down that I might be. But now that I have so many BFN's, I'm beginning to remember my 3 previous pregnancies (1 birth) and in all 3 cases I was sick either from the moment of conception or beginning @6 weeks which is how far along I think I would be at this point, if not 7.. And nothing! I was a little nauseous on 2 diff occasions but nothing like previous PG's.. I'm still tempted to get more tests because I keep researching this topic.. But ultimately, I trust in God and know he will do what's best for me.. Good Luck to all those who are trying and lots of baby dust!

Also, let me know how things turn out for you guys!!

Update.. My period came on Aug 5th.. That's after 5 neg hpt's and 1 neg blood test! I was a little anxious to say the least lol. And by the time AF came, I was getting excited to expect another.. But oh well.. I guess there's a first time for everything! :p (missed period)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->