Spotting between periods has anyone had this?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone, not posted here in ages! Sitting here worrying myself silly, one of my best friends has stage 4 cervical cancer and that's always at the back of my mind. I got up this morning and had some brown discharge when I wiped then a bit more pinkish brown since. I can't help but worry, I'm around day 12 of cycle and only finished my period last week.
I've read online about spotting around ovulation but I would think it's too early for this. Can't see a woman doc till next week. Hopefully I can get some reassurance until then. Thanks xx

Honestly, unless it happens regularly I would just ignore it. Spotting is pretty normal and happens to everyone from time to time, often for no obvious reason. If it starts to happen on and off all month for several months in a row, then yes, I'd get it checked out. But once or twice, no, I wouldn't worry about it. I have definitely had spotting here and there for a long time. I also have a history of abnormal cervical cells that they were concerned were pre-cancerous, though they weren't 'pre-cancerous' enough for the doctors to be too concerned, and in time they sorted themselves out. They're now completely normal. But even with that history, I don't worry about a bit of spotting now and again. If it was regular and lasted a long time, then yes. I had a time about 2-3 years ago when I basically had bleeding and heavy spotting for 6 weeks straight. Like I got my period and it just kept going, not as heavy, some days it was just brown, but then it would get heavier again. It lasted 6 weeks. I did get that checked out. Again, it was nothing and they had no explanation for it and I never had it again. Sometimes these things just happen. I personally would just wait it out. It's very likely it could be ovulation or something else fairly innocuous. If it continues and especially if you have any pain with it, then that might be different, but I would give it at least through next cycle unless it gets heavy.

I had mid cycle spotting happen frequently i.e for at least a few months at the time which worried me. I was checked out at the doctors, all was fine. I had a scan, smears were all normal etc. It went away and then started happening again several months later. Again nothing was wrong. Doctors put it down to hormones given it happened mid way through my cycle each month. It's not happened in years now.

There's no harm getting it checked out though.

I have PCOS, which isn't really a problem for me, but it does make me spot randomly. It also makes me have very heavy periods, and I very rarely have irregular cycles.

I was investigated for it a couple of years ago.
I was fully checked out for STI's (all clear), and also had a swab sent off to check for general infection. Turned out I had BV and I had no idea as I'd had no symptoms.
Also had a scan which showed cysts on my ovaries but not enough to be classed as PCOS, so it was put down to 'probably' either that or the BV.

Thanks everyone, it only lasted 2 days and then I had very obvious ewcm so I'm guessing it was ovulation but will go to my gp anyway just to put my mind at ease. I feel alot better about it now, just saw blood and panicked! X

Funnily enough, since my previous reply I've had it again!
I had terrible ovulation pain all day too, and it only lasted a day or two, so mine seems to be ovulation too

I have had spotting between cycles prior to having children, but not more than once or twice since. I used to struggle with a bit of an irregular cycle in my late teens/early 20s, but it normalized over the years. When I conceived our daughter in Jan. 2013, I actually thought I had 2 cycles that month, I remember, though could have been a bit of in between bleeding, not confirmed either way. It honestly was never something I was concerned about because it was nothing that occurred much overall.

I've never had any abnormal test results, and I've mentioned it to the doctor who basically informed me to watch and see if it persisted beyond a few cycles or so.

I wouldn't worry too much; just keep an eye on things and report back as needed, trust yourself, you know your own body.

I do very occasionally get spotting around ovulation. Even since having Emma and having my tubes tied, I've had 3 periods and got ovulation spotting for one which worried me! If the blood can get through, I sure hope the egg doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->