Spotting & Cramps - emergency room has 8 hour wait!

pickymicky

Reaction score
I just came back from the emergency room after waiting 2 hours and I might go back there because I wasn't expected to be seen for another few hours. Apparently the wait was 8 + hours long!

I'm about 8 weeks (sorry not completely sure until my dating scan in a couple weeks).

I've been having mild-medium cramping with brown spotting for about a week. Today I wiped dark red blood. Not too too much but more than just a spotting episode. I still have all my symptoms and I have been very lightheaded.

ANY ideas what could be going on? Any info will help please don't sugar coat :)

I'm so sorry you're going through this :hugs:

My miscarriage started with light pink spotting for about a week before the red blood came and gradually became heavier. The red blood lasted about 4-5 days before I began to have AF like cramping (not painful enough to need ibuprofen) and I finally passed everything within a couple hours. Before the ultrasound confirmed that I miscarried, I did notice that I was more dizzy than usual and I almost passed out while giving blood work, something that never happened before, but my blood pressure was really low for some reason. I guess that should have hinted that something was not right.

Another possibility is that you may have a small bleed in your uterus that needs to get out. I've heard that happen to some ladies on here and they had bleeding like they were miscarrying. If you feel something is not right, I would go to the ER for peace of mind, or call your doctor and see if they can't get you in for an emergency appointment. They can usually draw beta levels same day. Good luck! I hope you will have a better story than I had.

I'm so sorry, that's terrible! Bleeding and pain in early pregnancy always have the potential to be serious (such as ectopic) so they should have prioritized you! My chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage was pretty similar to what lilmiss describes. I had dark brown spotting for a few days and then the bright red blood lasted for about a week, just like a regular period. It is possible that it's the start of a miscarriage, but with no red blood yet, it could just be spotting too. Unfortunately, it's probably a wait and see :/ Is it around the normal time for your AF? I have read that some women bleed around that time. Either way, you definitely deserve answers. Maybe try your OB's emergency line? Let us know how you make out!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this.
If it's any comfort I had spotting to light bleeding from weeks 3-7 and then in the middle of week 8 I had a HEAVY bleed and I was passing large clots (sry if TMI). However everything is still okay with the baby, just heard the heartbeat again at 10 weeks at the doctor's office. It's been on the move too as it's heart rate keeps changing XD

If you can contact your midwife for an epau referral because a&e are pretty rubbish in general for early pregnancy stuff. They don't have sonographers trained to perform pregnancy scans, but will make you wait before just referring you to the relevant departments, sometimes not even immediately. Unfortunately depending on the level of emergencies they are dealing with that day a &e is usually the longest wait and your best of course of action is to go straight to your midwife

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->