Spotting getting me down...

bebedreamr

Reaction score
So this past week I have had 3 episodes of spotting. 2 pink episodes after a bowel movement and blowing my nose really hard, and then this morning I had light brown discharge. No cramping really at all, but its raining on my pregnancy parade! I find it hard to get excited or want to tell people about this pregnancy. And to make matters worse my doctor's office is closed for the Holidays.

Thankfully the bleeding has stopped, and I know it can be normal but I feel so stressed and down in the dumps. :cry: I would love some stories about spotting that still turned out to be a successful pregnancy!

Just needed to vent a little and find some company! <3 thanks ladies.

I haven't had this but I totally understand your worry. I'm sure it will be fine, just like lots of ladies on here have been with some spotting. I've heard it is common after a bowel movement.

:hugs:

Thanks ladies! I am really just hoping its nothing and goes away. First trimester is so hard!

I had a week of spotting and at one point it was quite heavy. Saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks so as far as I know everything is fine :) it's hard not to worry but hopefully you'll get an early scan for reassurance x

Hi bebedreamr,

I've several episodes of spotting this pregnancy. The first at 5 weeks for one day, then at 8 weeks for 3 days and again at 10 weeks for 3 days. I totally understand how stressful it is :( I was referred to the early pregnancy unit & have been lucky enough to have a scan after each bit of spotting. So far everything is looking ok - I'm still not able to relax properly but I'm beginning to accept that it's likely to be an ongoing part of my pregnancy

I keep being told that spotting with no cramps isn't a cause for concern. Easily said!!

I've figured out that prolonged sitting could be a trigger for me. All the spotting has followed either relaxing days or one day when I was really ill. It has stopped after I've been up & about again. So I'm trying to keep busy.

Are you going to call your dr after the holidays? It's probably best to be checked out, even if just for your peace of mind. :flower:

Hi bebedreamr,

I've several episodes of spotting this pregnancy. The first at 5 weeks for one day, then at 8 weeks for 3 days and again at 10 weeks for 3 days. I totally understand how stressful it is :( I was referred to the early pregnancy unit & have been lucky enough to have a scan after each bit of spotting. So far everything is looking ok - I'm still not able to relax properly but I'm beginning to accept that it's likely to be an ongoing part of my pregnancy

I keep being told that spotting with no cramps isn't a cause for concern. Easily said!!

I've figured out that prolonged sitting could be a trigger for me. All the spotting has followed either relaxing days or one day when I was really ill. It has stopped after I've been up & about again. So I'm trying to keep busy.

Are you going to call your dr after the holidays? It's probably best to be checked out, even if just for your peace of mind. :flower:

I am glad I am not alone, its just really stressful. I am sorry to hear you are also going through this! It is nice that you have somewhere to go that gives you reassurance, I think if it gets worse I will go in to the emergency room. But I have an appointment with my doctor a week from Friday so if there are no other issues I will try and hold off until then.

bah first trimester struggles!

This is my second too bebedreamr - I didn't have spotting with my first & I'm guessing you didn't either?

I'm finding first tri pretty stressful (even though I'm so grateful to be here!!). Just want to know bubs will be ok

I saw pinkish discharge 2 days ago which totally freaked me out. Had a scan today at 6w4d and saw the baby's heartbeat. Doctor said not to worry about the discharge since baby's clearly fine but to abstain from sex for a while and take it easy. I knew that people who get pinkish discharge get some after transvaginal scans as well as after sex, and I did get more this evening. Trying not to worry and to focus on the good news. Wearing a pantyliner to keep track of discharge though. Brrrrrr. Didn't have any of this with DD!

After 5 pregnancies with no spotting I have had it with this one! Mostly very light pink and so far only after sex but one time there was a small clot. I FREAKED. Ran in for a ultrasound which I had booked for the Friday just switched it to Tuesday to get it done asap. Turns out I have a small chorionic bleed which is a bleed between the gestational sac and uterus. This is a first for me. The tech fanned off my concern because she said mine is small and saw fetal pole and heartbeat etc. We've had to abstain from sex but we played around without penetration and after I had very very almost nothing pink when I wipe. It's irritating because my next ultrasound is Jan 17th and also my obgyn is away until Jan 26th so I can't even question this to death lol...I'm just hoping everything is ok! For you as well but by all accounts light spotting is normal!

It's so frustrating isn't it? Especially around this time of year when people are on holidays and places are closed. Thankfully my spotting has stopped for now... poor OH suggested DTD but I told him maybe we could cuddle instead until I have had a few days without bleeding. I can handle bleeding after sex and stuff, but this for-no-reason light spottin is enough to drive me crazy.

Hurry up second tri! LOL

We saw the heartbeat on Monday - baby was right size gestationally. After we got home I saw a load of the same orange discharge I'd been getting and thinking it's just thrush. Decided to call OB/GYN and she immediately put me on progesterone. She's not someone to use terms such as 'threatened abortion' but just said to take 400mg tonight, 200 tomorrow. Said she wanted to see me soonish -in a week's time instead of the prebooked apt at 10 weeks. (Private healthcare is very affordable in Eastern Europe). I took them at 6 - big mistake coz one of the symptoms is extreme dizziness and sleepiness. I just wanted to take them as soon as possible... Then read they're more effective vaginally so that's how I'll use them. The orange discharge is gone. I called her to say that I had a light pink blob today and she said it's good news as long as the orange is gone. Go figure! Trying to stay positive and not lose my mind before my next appointment.

We saw the heartbeat on Monday - baby was right size gestationally. After we got home I saw a load of the same orange discharge I'd been getting and thinking it's just thrush. Decided to call OB/GYN and she immediately put me on progesterone. She's not someone to use terms such as 'threatened abortion' but just said to take 400mg tonight, 200 tomorrow. Said she wanted to see me soonish -in a week's time instead of the prebooked apt at 10 weeks. (Private healthcare is very affordable in Eastern Europe). I took them at 6 - big mistake coz one of the symptoms is extreme dizziness and sleepiness. I just wanted to take them as soon as possible... Then read they're more effective vaginally so that's how I'll use them. The orange discharge is gone. I called her to say that I had a light pink blob today and she said it's good news as long as the orange is gone. Go figure! Trying to stay positive and not lose my mind before my next appointment.

It's wonderful she is so proactive! Keep me posted on how things go, I am glad you have such great care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->