Spotting pink and freaking OUT!

KelliGal

Trying for #2 with Infertility
Reaction score
Good morning ladies.. Im 4W 3D and have been cramping quite a bit, especially last night and I went to the bathroom this morning and saw the tiniest amount of pink spotting. (like the size of half a dime). My test this morning was super dark (almost as dark as the control line), and the only symptoms i'm having is cramping and nausea.

Is this normal!? Should I call my Dr and get blood work done? Sorry to be such a pest, my sisters both had miscarriages, so it freaks me out beyond reason!:nope:

I had pink spotting and cramping for about a week this pregnancy, started at the end of week 4 and just ended a few days ago. I went in right away and had it checked out because I was also having left-sided pain and they wanted to rule out ectopic.

I personally think any spotting is something to call the doctor about, especially when accompanied by cramping, and let them advise on what you should do next? Getting betas done can definitely be reassuring that everything is rising normally, so they may indeed order some. However a lot of times for pink or brown spotting doctors will take a wait and watch approach because it could just be from cervical irritation. But if you are concerned, you could just flat out request some betas, I've done that even when the OB said they didn't think it was necessary :)

Hoping everything works out for you, and just know you are not alone. A lot of us spot in early pregnancy, but I think it's always something to bring up to the doctor. In fact I started spotting light brown with DD at 5 weeks, rushed in to the doctors office and they checked my cervix, said all looked well, and did a quick ultrasound where they discovered a subchorionic hematoma. I'm so glad I went in and they found it, because even though most subchorionic hematomas don't cause problems, they do have the potential to cause big ones. I was put on pelvic rest and it self-resolved by 12 weeks.

Thank you for the reply. I talked with my Dr this morning and we are going to do lab work just to make sure everything is progressing smoothly.. It just scared me way too bad!! DH is being such a sport about this!! Even though I pee on sticks like 40 times a day he still is ok with me doing that and getting bloods.

<3

Haha, I've been there! Early pregnancy is so hard, filled with so much anxiety--DH has been really patient with me too. I got THREE betas this pregnancy, all before 5 weeks :/ Spotting is really scary!

It really is!! The worry is magnified because I have never gone through this before, so freak out mode is heightened!

Bless our sweet Husbands lol!!

Thanks for the concern, I just got done getting lab work done... They said it won't be back until tomorrow! UGH.. I hate waiting.

Me too. So my OB office told me the same thing--that the results wouldn't be in until the next day--but I found that if I log onto my secure online health record (my OB offers this service), the results would actually show up later that same night, around 6pm. So I would always see my betas before my OB would :)

Does your OB give you an online account for accessing your health record/test results?

Oh nice!! I used to but this new office doesn't offer that.. unfortunately! It would be so nice to see them! I did take a digital this morning and it said 2-3, where last Friday it only said 1-2, so I assume that's because my levels are rising..

Another thing... Do you use a specific prenatal? I can't find one I like..

I like the Target gummy prenatals, yummmm :) The only drawback is that they don't contain iron but I think your doctor would tell you whether you needed to be on iron or not.

Since I'm anemic, I have to be on it, so I take Slow-Fe every other day in addition to the gummy prenatals.

I'm spotting now and freaking out. Didn't spot last time. Calling dr to see. &#55357;&#56877;

Spotting is extremely worrisome, but also quite common. I've had quite a few early losses and I never had spotting with any of them, it was always full on bleeding and very intense cramping. Pink spotting to me would indicate the embryo getting nice and snug!

I had lots of bleeding with my son, I assume I had lost him but had a scan at 5+4 and he was there with a beating heart. I also had pink spotting at 6 weeks with my daughter.

In saying that, I'd still be running around like a headless chicken if I saw any blood, and would probably get my midwife to check my hcg levels. It's normal to freak out, pregnancy is scary!

I went to the dr. They drew blood. They said I'll probably get put on progesterone, won't know results until tomorrow. I feel af type cramps. I had a miscarriage seven years ago and the bleeding started light but quickly got heavy and you're right the pain was very intense. I'm not in pain yet.

It hasn't reached the pad yet but I did see some small clots in the toilet, is that a bad sign? :(

Girls try not to worry I know it's stressful in this pregnancy And my last I spotted. Never did with my first! This time I started sporting at 6 weeks and continued off and on tan light brown stains super light no pad needed. Dr finally put me on progesterone vaginal pills and it stopped almost immediately. It is also very common to spot around 4-5 weeks as its old blood from implantation. My Dr said to worry if it comes with strong cramps, it increases to a flow and turns bright red. Otherwise spotting is very common. I do urge you follow up on it though as many women also just had light spotting which signalled a problem with the pregnancy and eventually miscarried. However 80% of the time it's perfectly normal xx

Mine is getting heavier but it still isn't even touching the pad, only when I wipe. But it's getting brighter red and fills up more of the toilet paper when I wipe. I guess I'll know tomorrow. I'm pretty much accepting the fact that I'm losing it. :( I have mild cramping right now, and nausea which I've had since my bfp.

Hi ladies. Hope everything is okay. I had pink spotting that turned a little red around 6weeks with my first. Clearly everything went fine. With this one I started spotting again at 6 weeks but this time came with pain. Got betas and us and everything was fine. The spotting stayed pink and tan this time and has now tapered. I won't get another scan for another 2 weeks.
I hope u ladies and up in my situation and everything works out for you and the baby beans. Keep us posted and good luck!

:cry:Still bleeding. Heavier now and with clots. Still not filling a pad but I believe this is it for this little bean. :( since I started bleeding yesterday that would make me just three days late on af, would it be considered a chemical pregnancy?

Still haven't heard from the dr, I might call them if I haven't heard by this afternoon. I feel I know what they're going to say though. At least it's not painful like my last mc at 6weeks, that was the worst pain ever.

Poor little bean. :(:cry:

I'm definitely out. Hcg was at 12 yesterday. Add in the bleeding. The dr said it's likely a chemical. I've never had one before. Now I don't know if I'll ttc again or wait. I was so excited to do a Christmas reveal. I was awful earlier, couldn't eat all day, I'm doing better now, came to terms with it, now just wasn't the right time I guess. Best luck to you all. My only advice, if you see bleeding, go to your dr ASAP.

I'm definitely out. Hcg was at 12 yesterday. Add in the bleeding. The dr said it's likely a chemical. I've never had one before. Now I don't know if I'll ttc again or wait. I was so excited to do a Christmas reveal. I was awful earlier, couldn't eat all day, I'm doing better now, came to terms with it, now just wasn't the right time I guess. Best luck to you all. My only advice, if you see bleeding, go to your dr ASAP.

So sorry Kern. Sending u hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->