• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Spotting Stopped* Just got back from the doctor

sheilarae07

Reaction score
I went to the doctor to have an ultrasound to check up on my PCOS... GREAT NEWS!!! No sign of abnormal cysts, which was the only thing stopping me from getting out from under the PCOS label. My bloodwork was always fine.
Anyway, my period was supposed to start between Sunday and Tuesday, she did a urine test and it was negative. However, this was after I drank 30-40 ounces of water for the ultrasound and I had peed about 5 minutes before I did the urine sample. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant but the hormones are high enough yet to show, or could the extra liquid change the results? I was really hoping this was our month. I have had "perfect" cycles for 5-6 months. Any thoughts?

It must be such a relief that things look good. hCG can show up pretty late in the system, so keep up your hopes. :thumbup:

sheila - i don't know much about your questions to answer, but wanted to say :yipee: and congrats for no longer having PCOS!

Yea I guess technically it was just PCO, since my bloodwork was normal. However, my ovaries looked like a chocolate chip cookie. This time she said it was perfect, which explains my normal cycles.
I just really want to have a baby. I haven't had any symptoms expect eating everything in sight, which I don't know if that is a symptom or just me being hungry. I just feel like this is it.

Possible, give it a few more days and do a clear blue digital hpt xx

Keep that PMA sheila! Because it could very well be your :bfp: month! FX'ed for you!

I am trying to stay positive, but I don't want to give myself false hope. But it seems kind of obvious that if you drink 30 something ounces of water less than an hour and a half before a urine pregnancy test that it may give a false negative.

Oh I forgot the other "symptom" I have had it an over abundance of cm! I mean there is a ton of it. I went back to dry after ovulation but then at about 8 dpo it started back. I've had EWCM and slippery clear cm.

Well I just went to the bathroom and there was a little blood. :( :( It was a lot of mucus though. I am hoping it was spotting because of the vaginal ultrasound but I know it could mean I am out. There was nothing in the toilet, only when I wiped, so I am hoping there is still a chance. Just wanted to say that I *MIGHT* be out this month. :(

I thought I was out too in feb after a little bleeding. I had completely given up hope! I even did a hpt and didn't go back to check it!! A couple of days later I had sore breasts and did another test and then like a million more and they were all positive! I eventually checked the first one I had left and that was also positive :D

Even if this isn't your month please don't let dampen your hopes xx

Well I just went to the bathroom and there was zero spotting. YAY! I am assuming it was cause by the ultrasound. So do I still have a chance? GOODNESS! Today has been such a roller coaster for me..

teeeeeest hun its the only way youo will know,,,
you may get a plesent surprise...x:hugs2:

Oooo how exciting!! I love these kind of posts!! Have everything crossed for you!!!

Thanks to everyone. I love how people on here are so nice and actually give advice! Anyway, I plan on testing in the morning. I am so nervous and scared.

You definetly need to test again in the morning. That much water in that short of time will definetly have an effect on the results.
They say not to drink or pee for at least four hours before you take it
GOOD LUCK

Yea, that's why I was confused when my doctor even suggested a urine test. That morning at 8:15, I started drinking water, by 8:30, I had drank about 35 ounces. Then at 9:15, I had my ultrasound, peed then had the transvaginal ultrasound. Then at about 9:35 I took the pregnancy test. So that means that I drank a lot of water and peed within an hour and 20 minutes of the test. I already had my first pee of the day also. That seems like enough to alter the results. And the fact that I would be 4w3d yesterday, hormone levels wouldn't be super high anyway. I don't think there would be enough to be present after all the liquid and trips to the bathroom.

Oh and my pee looked like I had ran water out of the faucet. It was completely clear. I know your pee shouldn't be dark but there was no trace of a color, since it was pretty much pure water. UGH! It just irritates me more that she would give me a urine test after all that, then try to kill my hopes.

I am waiting for my husband to get back from the store.... GOSH!!!!! I am trying to hold it in as long as I can.

Well he forgot the test. Of course. I was a little scared to test anyway. I guess I will be heading out to buy one this evening, maybe. Sunday I will be a week late, I would love to wait til then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->