Spouses with low sperm count.

hey Imaan

are you taking anything to bring on ovulation?

No hun, I have to go back to see the FS in May sometime. That will be the first time I see her following my recently HSG and 21 day bloods etc. I think I will mention to her that I ovulate about 50-60% of the time and see what she suggests. I'm not sure if they will prescribe anything. If I start IUI/IVF I guess they will give me ovulation-inducing drugs though.

:flower:

If your only issue is ovulation they'll probably give you Clomid to boost your eggs. If it's a combination of factors you may go straight to IVF. Hope you get some answers next visit.

If your only issue is ovulation they'll probably give you Clomid to boost your eggs. If it's a combination of factors you may go straight to IVF. Hope you get some answers next visit.

Thanks Traskey,

Well.. Dh's :spermy: is at an all time low so she said we shall either go for IUI with injectables or IVF (depending on my dh's IUI prep test which he will do in mid May).

So I am not going to jinx myself or anything but I decided to cave when it comes to checking my temps for the past 2 days. I already know what my temp cycles are like especially when the ugly AF comes around..Well yesterday morning my temp was 98.8 and this morning it was 98.9... I do feel the "brewing" feeling of the AF but like I said only when I think about it.. Not getting to excited because I do not want to be let down, but I am going to give it a couple days before I break down and buy a test.

I had to extend my ticker to 30 days now. I usually have a 27 day cycle. I am now 16dpo. I took a test a couple days ago at night and it said negative....booo.... I am thinking the procedure just messed me up or something. I am still not feeling the AF at all, lol, which I really am not complaining about that.

I had to extend my ticker to 30 days now. I usually have a 27 day cycle. I am now 16dpo. I took a test a couple days ago at night and it said negative....booo.... I am thinking the procedure just messed me up or something. I am still not feeling the AF at all, lol, which I really am not complaining about that.

Tiff-- keeping fingers crossed for you. Please let us know what's up!

Related to sperm count...

Feeling a tad bit annoyed with husband. Love him to pieces; this whole TTC has meant a lot of teamwork... he's the best listener and comforter, but... we had a mini vacation not too long ago and the boy sat around in the hot tub for 30 minutes and went through so much coffee. His count has been good thus far (250+million and 140 million), but I am terrified that his motility will drop (first SA's motility was horrible). And knowing that it can be three months before new sperm show up just makes me slightly irritable. He completely forgot and is sorry, but darn it, it's too late now. Oh well.

I don't think the hot tub will cause too many problems, unless he was in there a lot! Then it might have done. Not sure about the coffee though. Fingers crossed that his count and motility stays high.

Hi ladies I gave got my fs appt on 17th April buy I will try and get the secretary to fax oh second sa to the gp so I can interpret them myself I soooo need to know!!

Related to sperm count...

Feeling a tad bit annoyed with husband. Love him to pieces; this whole TTC has meant a lot of teamwork... he's the best listener and comforter, but... we had a mini vacation not too long ago and the boy sat around in the hot tub for 30 minutes and went through so much coffee. His count has been good thus far (250+million and 140 million), but I am terrified that his motility will drop (first SA's motility was horrible). And knowing that it can be three months before new sperm show up just makes me slightly irritable. He completely forgot and is sorry, but darn it, it's too late now. Oh well.

If it was only once I would say it will be ok Hun x

Thanks Kazzab and Traskey... I think sometimes LTTTC just gets to the brain :p

Kazzab- let us know when you get the results!

:wave: Not much here Tiff-- where have you been? Any news with your cycle?

we have another 4 weeks until OH retest. Hes been taking the supplements everyday which is great. I've upped his vitamin C dosage to 8000mg a day. i read it greatly improved sperms faster.

last week i was diagnosed with cervical stenosis basically i have scar tissue on my cervix so it doesnt open at ovulation making it very hard or near impossible for sperm to get in. hopefully i wont have to wait too long for it to be fixed :)

good luck ladies
x

Can I join? My name is Tiffany or Tiff I have a hubby with bad sperm in all areas! He's had a couple counts done the lowest being 12 million total highest being 22 million, his morphology is 10% and his motility is about 40%. We do have one miracle baby that took us 1.5 years or 16 cycles of intense charting and opks to conceive all while on the wait list for ICSI and now we're trying to number 2. I've had 8 cycles 3 of which my lp was to short to conceive (due to breast feeding and taking meds for that which I have currently stopped) I am taking vitex this cycle hoping it will work and if it does I'll be taking clomid in the coming months. We're also going back on the wait list for ICSI in July and hoping to start treatment by november if nothing happens.

DH has a sperm test coming up that I have to book today cause he's been taking selenium, vit c, zinc and b12 to help his spermies.

:hi: welcome Tiff!

Mrs Evans, I hope they can sort something for you soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"