Spray tan advice

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Hello loves.

So I am whiter than white. Super pale and in the summer I typically burn a bit and then go back to white lol.

I'm a bridesmaid 1st July and, knowing I will still be carrying extra weight from the pregnancy, I want to do something to make the flesh visible in my 1 shoulder dress look less... bleh. Thinking of geting a spray tan.

Is there anything I should know about caring for a spray tan? Do you exfoliate etc before you have one?

Does it go patchy as it comes off?

Can you have a spray tan if you are breastfeeding?

Are they problematic? xx

Exfoliate the night before. Then moisturise. Wear loose baggy clothing when you got have it, try not to shower or bathe for at least 6-12 hours after. You can look after it by slapping some cream on the day after as it will help keep dead skin from coming off therefore protecting the tan. I'm not sure about bf to be honest, if it were me just wear an old bra or bikini take the straps down and took them in, it'll just stop the area were the baby feeds free from the tan.

Xx

Forgot to add, when it's ready for coming off it may go patchy but when you're ready for it to come off just exfoliate it off and you shouldn't be left with scaley patchy bits. They aren't problematic of you take care of it it should last at least a week. Xx

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate beforehand - that is the key to a good spray tan. Go to a reputable tanning salon and ask for the lightest colour - sun kissed as opposed to bronzed (nowt worse than an orange bridesmaid) They will give you aftercare instructions - follow them to the letter :thumbup: What colour is your bm frock?

xxx

Thanks ladies. I'm such a tanning ****** lol.

My BM dress is royal blue and I've (currently) just my normal dark chocolatey coloured hair. No colours in it right now like my avatar. xx

they ask you to not have any deodrant on when you go for the spray tan x

Take flip flops or a pair of those towelling slip on slipper things for afterwards, socks and shoes aren't a great idea for straight afterwards xx

I think i'm getting my first spray tan in a couple of weeks. My sister is having a pamper party. I'm quite excited about it but then I don't get out much :haha: anyway when I was bf lo I asked if it was ok to get a spray tan and was told yes they only avoid doing them in first tri :flower:

Do a patch test first. Please, please do a patch test!

I had a San Tropez tan before my wedding and had an allergic reaction. It was so bad we considered postponing the wedding. The skin on my whole body went red, flaky, scaly and swollen - I looked like a complate freak, like I was melting!

It's only San Tropez I'm allergic to though. I agree with the advice about exfoliating and moisturising! :D

Vita Liberata has the best most natural fade by far!! Doesn't go patchy when wearing off just keep moisturising to make it last. Also I put a bit of cream over my nipple so the fake tan doesnt stick and won't go in Los mouth. More often than not tho he end up with a really tanned nose and the side of his face (from were it been resting in the crook of my arm) and I'm left with a big White patch there lol

Edit: forgot to add Vita Liberata is the only organic spray tan so no harm to LO during pregnancy etc, it's worth looking around for a salon that does this one, it is a bit more expensive but 100% worth it xx

No spray tan can be 100% organic. And as you are a skin type 1 ask for the lightest colour. You should only be getting a light spray. If it goes on really wet and starts dripping off you....Run Lol....Less is more!!

No spray tan can be 100% organic. And as you are a skin type 1 ask for the lightest colour. You should only be getting a light spray. If it goes on really wet and starts dripping off you....Run Lol....Less is more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->