Stacey Solomon Smoking whilst pregnant

vampybear

Reaction score
Just came across this news story, Stacey Solomon was pictured having a fag, and she is seven months pregnant. really shocked me as she didnt seem the type who would continue during pregnancy- she wins all the best mum awards and does the Iceland family adverts but then does this.

Wonder if they will renew her contract...

I dont care if people choose to smoke as adults, but does wind me up when they do it pregnant or smoke in rooms with their kids there, as passive smoking is so much more dangerous than what the smoker breathes in coz at least they have a filter to suck through. Rant over!

https://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/...tured-smoking-while-pregnant-102039-23773678/

Her baby, her body, her choice. She wasn't doing anything illegal x

i dont smoke but dont care about people who do either, same goes for people stuffing there face with chocolate/mcdonalds while pregnant, unhealthy foods gets passed onto baby also, u eat baby eats....our own choices.

may not be illegal but is very harmful to the child- we all worry about things lilke eggs, raw meat, certain fish. Smoking is in the same category. Causes asthma, growth defects, and more.
In my opinion it is quite selfish if you cant give up just for the 9 months as ur child should be ur main priority.
My mum gave up when pregnant with me, and resumed after (but only ever outside and only once i was fair bit older).

I don't agree with smoking while pregnant but at the end of the day she is human like anyone else, I don't think she should be insulted and punished more than anyone else would be

may not be illegal but is very harmful to the child- we all worry about things lilke eggs, raw meat, certain fish. Smoking is in the same category. Causes asthma, growth defects, and more.
In my opinion it is quite selfish if you cant give up just for the 9 months as ur child should be ur main priority.
My mum gave up when pregnant with me, and resumed after (but only ever outside and only once i was fair bit older).

Yeah well not everyone is your mum tbh. My mum gave up when she was pregnant with me. It's extremely easy to sit on your high horse and say well she SHOULD do this, she SHOULD do that. If you read the article it actually states that a doctor (and many do now they know more about it) has told her that stopping smoking would be more stressful for her body than continuing.

All the celebs they've mentioned at the end have healthy children.

shes not bein insulted, i would say all this to anyone who smokes whilst pregnant- it is one of the most selfish things you can do as a parent.

but she knows she is in the public eye, and actually her paid job is to look like a great parent for companies paying her to be 'mum' like Iceland, so she should at least hide it for sake of her career. Im just one little person and reading that changed my opinion of her, let alone when the big wigs read it nationally. When ur a celebrity you have to be even more careful of what you show the world you do, and they all know that

Unless she hands her newborn baby their own cig I'm pretty sure her career will be fine.

Im sure she has been given the same info that we are all given.

I have read that A LOT of doctors tell alot of smokers not to quit completley because the withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous too.

Yeah well not everyone is your mum tbh. My mum gave up when she was pregnant with me. It's extremely easy to sit on your high horse and say well she SHOULD do this, she SHOULD do that. If you read the article it actually states that a doctor (and many do now they know more about it) has told her that stopping smoking would be more stressful for her body than continuing.

do i detect you may be a smoker lol.
Im not on my high horse, but you are clearly very defensive.
End of the day, when your pregnant, like most women, usually you have the instinct that you want to protect your baby no matter what and not raise the risks in any way which is why we make changes in our lifestyle a bit. A mcdonalds is not really the same to a cigarette packed full of very harmful chemicals, and if you can sit there and think that is absolutely fine and have no issues at all with it then wow. Im not gonna preach to a smoker, but I will most definitely form my own judgement on it based on how i have felt whilst pregnant, which i am entitled to do, especially when i see it in celebrity world- we all judge, even you are judging as we speak.

do i detect you may be a smoker lol.
Im not on my high horse, but you are clearly very defensive.
End of the day, when your pregnant, like most women, usually you have the instinct that you want to protect your baby no matter what and not raise the risks in any way which is why we make changes in our lifestyle a bit. A mcdonalds is not really the same to a cigarette packed full of very harmful chemicals, and if you can sit there and think that is absolutely fine and have no issues at all with it then wow. Im not gonna preach to a smoker, but I will most definitely form my own judgement on it based on how i have felt whilst pregnant, which i am entitled to do, especially when i see it in celebrity world- we all judge, even you are judging as we speak.

I have NEVER smoked in my LIFE. I just got over being so judgemental when I was 20.

I am not condoning it, because I think smoking is vile, pregnant or not, but my sister had terrible trouble giving up and had one or two now and again. I don't agree with it but we have to remember pregnancy is stressful enough without having an addiction to beat, it isn't just like giving up fried eggs etc.

I really hate smoking and go mad if anyone does it near me, but it is her choice.

We're only human and I'm sure we've all done something during pregnancy that wasn't the best. I know I ate unhealthy foods at times., doesn't make her or me a bad mother.

no one is saying she is a bad mother, but eating one egg or smoking 7 a day is quite different.
its just a topic of debate. I find it interesting to see what people will and wont try to do for other people (eg their kids), its sociology and human psychology.

And people's reactions, certainly on here, are even more interesting to analyse

I'd think that ANYBODY who smokes while pregnant is selfish, it's not like it's a big secret how much damage it can do. If people want to do it then fine but don't be proud of it, at least try and keep it on the dl don't parade around! People are going to judge if they see it happening. And I smoked more than 20 a day til the day I found out I was pregnant and havnt touched one since I got that bfp. I'm not saying it was easy and there was more than one occasion I literally sat and cried because I wanted a cigarette, but I couldn't do that to my baby. Just something I feel strongly about.

I gave up smoking just before I got pregnant because we were trying and have not had a single cigarette since! I have had one stressful pregnancy and have found it hard at times! And my midwife even said 'sometimes its better to just have a fag than stress as stress can be worse than that one off smoke'

Although i gave up myself. I would never judge anyone on smoking whilst pregnant! Their body their choice!

This thread is going to get out of hand!

I dont think anyone has the right to bash what any mother does! I don't agree with what she's doing but I'm sure there are plenty of Mums on here who smoke & you've pretty much bashes every one of them mums too.

You don't know weather that was one moment of distress for her or weather she's puffing on 60a day.. Either way she isn't breaking the law, I personally don't believe it makes her any less of a "good mother" (whatever that is) and I certainly don't think it's our place to judge anyone else.

I wouldn't say she's parading around. It looks like she's hiding behind a wall and being stalked tbh.

I had serious issues at birth because my mum smoked - its very bad for baby period and you shouldnt continue along the lines of such a selfish habit if you are bringing a new life into the world period.

I spent the first year of my life in and out of hospital no mother should knowingly wish that on their child and should limit all high risks - smoking is one of those

I wouldn't say she's parading around. It looks like she's hiding behind a wall and being stalked tbh.

I did say anybody at the begining of my post, my comment was about smoking in pregnancy as a whole not just her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->