• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

stage 2 formula?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
my LB is almost 6 month old.
is it really needed to switch to stage 2 milk? for the whole 5 month of his life hes been switched and swapped with milks, and now hes settled i don't really want to change if i don't have to. my friend never did and her LO is fine..

In the book my HV gave me about formula feeding it said that the first infant milk is all a baby needs to drink until they're on cows milk at 1 year old, so I would definitely still stick with the first stage milk you're on xx

Nope, no need at all. The stage 1 is for up to 12 months so you really never need to. We only switched to stage 2 when LO was eating 3 solid meals a day [around 8 months] and we're weaning her off formula completely now. It's totally up to you.

No i reckon its just a marketing thing. Formula companies in UK arent allowed to advertise/promote formula for under 6 months so thats how they get round it by making formula for 6+ month olds. I bet its very similar stuff. Im keeping mine on same stuff cos it took AGES to find one she would actually drink!

Yea I did a label inspection on the two and it was nearly identical. [This is in the states so not sure if it's the same where you are but it probably is]

It's all a marketing ploy, they can't advertise or put stage 1 on offer (or even give loyalty points like boots advantage points) having further milks enables them to do this among other things, nutritionally stage 1 is all they need (and the best in my opinion) I've never bought follow on milk and wouldn't out of principle, my dr prescribed us stage 1 dairy free milk at 8 months, my HV with ds1 also said just to use stage 1, she didn't like the type of proteins in follow on milk. I definitely wouldn't if he's settled.

my LB is almost on 3 meals a day, depending when he is napping, & the amount of bottles he has a day has gone down too, i know he is only 5 month old, now.. but when hes like 8 month old and eating 3 meals a day every day, do i stay on stage 1 milk, or go onto stage 2? i dont mean growing up milk, i mean like the next stage, ill try attach a image of the milks my LB is on..

the green one is what he is on now,
the purple one is the one they can have from 6month, but idk whether they have to go onto the follow on or can just stay on stage 1 until they have cows milk?

Attachments

• c&g.jpg
    c&g.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1
  • c&g2.JPG
    c&g2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
You can just stay on stage 1 for as long as you want until you switch to cows', it's all the same nutrients, there is very little difference you honestly do not need to change if you don't want to.

the green one is what he is on now,
the purple one is the one they can have from 6month, but idk whether they have to go onto the follow on or can just stay on stage 1 until they have cows milk?

You can stay on stage 1 right up until he's on cows milk, no need to switch :) x

We have never switched milks. Ds had stage 1 till age 1 then switched to cows milk and will do the same with dd. There is hardly any difference calorie or nutrition wise its all to do with marketing and advertising.

You can definitely stay, as people say it's due to promotions restrictions. Though this also means it may be cheaper to go to stage two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->