Stage 2...HELP

BeckaJayne

Reaction score
I know the baby jars say Stage 2 - 7 months plus and i know for a fact that when your baby turns 7 months they aren't just gunna start taking the lumpier food. :blush:So i was wondering when you introduced it and how you did it?:wacko:
Chloe will be 7 months on tuesday so i thought i'd see what she's like with lumps...the spag bol was probably not the best thing to start with but she gagged...and winged with it just on her tongue then spat it out. I was thinking of trying her with a bit each day and then giving her the stage 1 food but i don't knw if this is the best thing to do.
:dohh:
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated coz i can't stand to see her gag!!
She chews toast and rusks fine when she feeds herself aswell!!

Hi there,

With Lottie I have made her food and blitzed it in the processor, so gradually just made it more lumpy, if your little one can chew toast then stage 2 shouldn't be a problem, maybe try her on a flavour you know she likes but now a bit more lumpy?

Maybe blend the food to make it slowly thicker rather than lumpy, thats what i done until Emma was ten months and could take stage 2, before she just gagged then threw up!!

Also Ella's kitchen meals do textured food rather than lumpy for 7 to 10 months which i found easier at that stage. Comes in pouches.

Dont worry too much i fretted wasy too much but Emma got it eventually and your bub will too. xx

Hey thanks for the replies...i'll have a look at that ellas kitchen!!!

Just don't want her to think she can get away with stage 1 forever lol

Maybe blend the food to make it slowly thicker rather than lumpy, thats what i done until Emma was ten months and could take stage 2, before she just gagged then threw up!!

Also Ella's kitchen meals do textured food rather than lumpy for 7 to 10 months which i found easier at that stage. Comes in pouches.

Dont worry too much i fretted wasy too much but Emma got it eventually and your bub will too. xx

Great advice!

Ive just recently started Maisie on stage 2.. even though she isnt 7 months yet.

I tried her on spag bol first, she didnt like it at all. Tonight she had chicken vegetables and noodles i think it was, hipp organic, and she loved it!

x

Lily is on these now ...she is 5 months old though mainly she eats what we eat which is lumpier so she doesnt like the really runny 4m stuff ..try a littleyou will find some 7 month stuff isnt that lumpier just thicker ellis kitchens ones are good x

Molly wouldnt eat the stage 2 jars for ages. I mashed food and she ate it better. I think the jars confused her as they are more like puree with occasional lumps IYKWIM? She will eat them fine now!

The Annabel Karmel book i have says to do 1/4 mash to puree first then go 1/2 and then 3/4 untill its completley mash then graduallt make it lumpier. That will only work if youre making foods though.

OK...since thursday chloe has been eating bits of stage 2 and today she was taking it like she took then stage 1 jars...im so shocked as to how well she has taken to it!!

She only gagged once or twice all day but i think its just the first mouthful then she realises she can chew it and is fine to eat it ...sooooo happy lol

OK...since thursday chloe has been eating bits of stage 2 and today she was taking it like she took then stage 1 jars...im so shocked as to how well she has taken to it!!

She only gagged once or twice all day but i think its just the first mouthful then she realises she can chew it and is fine to eat it ...sooooo happy lol

well done Chloe :happydance: Matthew reluctantly takes the odd stage 1 everything goes down better with a bit of texture now, so to use up jags of puree etc I crumble a small bit of bread through to make it more lumpier and he loves it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->