Stain removers for baby food

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok has anyone found anything that actually works to get the gunk out of your LOs clothes. Starting to ruin her clothes with orange stains :(

With Rebecca I used to use Ace gentle bleach - they still sell it i just checked on Tesco - can't remember if it is just for whites or for colours too, but it worked well. Haven't needed to use anything on Jacks clothes as yet - I use Fairy tablets & it gets everything out (inc carrot puree) so far.

:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:
Spoke too soon - just got a load of bibs & a top out of machine with orange stains on:dohh:

Haven't tried it yet but was talking to a friend a couple of weeks ago who said that soaking clothes in a bucket with some Napisan (with a lid on the bucket but not sure if that's important?) is great for getting orange food stains out of clothes x

Only thing ive been told to do is to soak the clothes overnight before washing. I know how you feel!

I haven't had much luck with just soaking things overnight...will let you know how it goes when I try the Napisan. Was surprised how cheap a box of it was though so if it works I'll be very happy! If not Sam will be fed naked from now on :rofl: x

Nope I just reassured myself that at least they won't be in those clothes for long.

Actually things do seem to have improved since they've been off the puree stuff.... why are all puree's orange? :-k

The food turns their faces orange too! they don't stand a chance.

All I ever did, was soak them before washing, use washing up liquid or vanish is usually pretty good. I have the same problem even now with tomato based sauces, ahh annoying isn't it.

Found this in Google: https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/tips-for-removing-baby-food-stains-from-clothing/

My aunt swore by asdas equivelent to Vanish, but so far no luck for us.

Pain in the bum, gotta find something soon, or im gona have one naken baby on my hands!!

I had vanish and it was NAFF! I think theres different ones though? I bought ACE yesterday onbuy one get one free lol I defo need to soak some bits from now on.

Its a PAIN in backside!! Ive ruined 2 new sets of hers - Im gutted!

We were given loads of clothes by a friend and so many of them are orange (actually meant to be orange, not stained with food!) Now I see why! Maybe Miss Caitlin needs a new orange wardrobe?! x

what i do is i have a top and trousers that kaitlin has her dinner etc in and they can then get as covered in food as she wants.

long-sleeved bibs are the only preventative, its a pain in the bum or take her top of when shes eating and let her wear her vest, vests are cheaper than outfits :dohh:

xxx

Is the Ace any good? I can't remember how well it worked - will have to get some, along with a pack of colour run remover as I had a disaster with a random red item of clothing getting into a light wash - turning the rest of the wash pink - including two brand new jumpers I just got for Jack:hissy::hissy::hissy:

Ill let you know when Ive gone through some clothes to try out on although might be too late since already washed will see :D

I tried the other day a method told to me by a mum at my toddler group(i've also seen this on the net)
Its dead simple and worked on one item that i tried, all you do is wash the clothes as normal and then place it outside in the sun.
I just lay it on the bench and the stain has gone, also mite work just being placed on a window sill .

Hope that helps been meanng to add that to this thread for the last couple of days x

I found the solution lol I feed him in a diaper only lol damm carrots and there staining

I tried the other day a method told to me by a mum at my toddler group(i've also seen this on the net)
Its dead simple and worked on one item that i tried, all you do is wash the clothes as normal and then place it outside in the sun.
I just lay it on the bench and the stain has gone, also mite work just being placed on a window sill .

Hope that helps been meanng to add that to this thread for the last couple of days x

Sorry to be on a downer, but what is 'the sun'?:rofl:

I just soaked everything in ACE, only if it was white though, it's a mild bleach and gets the stains out of most everything and gets it all shiny and white again. Save the pretty outfits for after dinner time :)

BTW The Sun is literally the sun up in the sky, hanging out your washing in strong sunlight will fade most stains, not much use at this time of year mind!

I have bought pretty much all white clothes for my bump, and stocked up on ACE in preparation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->